Reload this Page >

Las Vegas in December

Search

Las Vegas in December

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 05:30 PM
Karen

Las Vegas in December

Does anyone know why Fodor's guide says: "Except for the first three weeks in December and weekdays during July, you can assume that Las Vegas will run at full speed". What happens during the first three weeks in December? My husband and I are planning a trip to Las Vegas the second week in December? Is there something I should know about?

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 05:36 PM
xxx

Yes, what you need to know is that it's a great time to go. Because it is getting close to Christmas there are no conventions in Vegas then. And family travel tapers off also. Go and enjoy!

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 06:35 PM
Rich

What about the rodeo finals? I hear conflicting reports about the first 2 weeks in December: 1) "go, it's the least crowded time of year!" and 2) "stay away, the rodeo finals are in town and it's unbearably crowded!"

So which is the case?

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 08:53 PM
mark

GO! It's a fantastic and little known fact that it's a great time to go. I stayed at the Bellagio quite cheaply in mid December. Things aren't crowded, yet the town's still full. Watch out that some shows close and send their performers home for the holidays. Of course the Bellagio and Mandalay pools (and probably others) are closed because the weather maxes out at about 70 degrees, but it's still sunny which is better than Seattle. Check the convention bureau for the Rodeo and the high school basketball championships, but even with them in town it is definitely NOT crowded.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Wendy

We go almost every year on the 21st for my birthday. It's great because the new years eve crowd isn't there yet, you can usually get on tables without too much trouble and there isn't a wait for cabs! I love it!!

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 09:55 AM
Mike

Just be careful because some shows go dark around XMAS so don't be disappointed if you want to see shows and you can't. Just check ahead of time if that's what you're into.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Lenore

My husband and I have been to Vegas twice in December. The first time was for New Year's, which I don't recommend unless you're still into the Spring Break type partying atmosphere. The second time was just after Christmas and it was nice. Not too crowded or crazy, but not dead either. Some of the shows were dark though. This year we found a killer rate at Paris for only $59 per night Dec 22nd thru 26th. You can stay even cheaper at Bally's ($39) on the same dates. The think the middle of the month of December is one of the cheapest times of the year to stay (week days, of course). Have fun!

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 11:39 AM
Christie

National Finals Rodeo is Dec. 6-15 at the UNLV Thomas & Mack Center.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Rich

We're going to be in Vegas Mon 9th-Fri 13th. How do you think the rodeo crowd will affect us, if at all? We got super-cheap rates at Bally's, which makes me think things must not be TOO crowded.... (At least hopefully!).