Search

Las Vegas Hotels: The Orleans

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Las Vegas Hotels: The Orleans

Hello,
According to ratelasvegas.com and cheapovegas.com, The Orleans has excellent rooms, excellent service, excellent gaming conditions, above average restaurants, and is the best value in town. The only drawback is its off-strip location, partially negated by its free shuttle service to the strip. Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Please give your comments.
Thanks,
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 01:48 PM

I've stayed there once, and will stay again this June. We used our car, and not the shuttle, although my friends said it's a good and on time shuttle service. I liked staying there, and as I said am going back soon. Good dining options also, and it's nice to have the theatre and bowling alley for non gamblers.
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 02:55 PM

I just stayed there a few weeks ago. I got the room for $28 a night, so I felt like it was a great value for the money. The rooms are fine and there's a large gambling area. If you're there on a weeknight, they have graveyard $1 per game bowling beginning at midnight. The parking can be difficult at times. If you get your room at a good price, I'd recommend the hotel.
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 03:38 PM

Sightseer- Did you get your good rate at the Orleans through the hotel directly? Thanks!
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 02:38 PM

I stayed there two years ago and it was decent enough. The location isn't very fun but the rooms are relatively nice and the gambling area is decent. I think it's a good budget stay for sure.
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 03:11 PM
TAW

I've stayed there several times and except that it's not on the strip it's great. Rooms are large and comfy and the food is good esp in the rest. that is on the second or mez. level
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 05:03 PM

On trip to LV this summer, my husband needed a cheap room for one night before his flight home. After we spent the week at our condo there, we got online and looked for a bargain and found a great rate at Gold Coast (around $30) and figured as long as it was safe, it would be fine since he was alone really only on a utilitarian sort of stay. He said it was nice and the bed was really comfortable. I mention this because the Orleans is part of the same group of hotels as Gold Coast, Barbary Coast, etc and they'll probably all be similar in price and quality. Off strip location is not so bad, especially if you have a car, but sounds like you won't from your mention of the shuttle. If our experience this summer is any indication, there is no such thing as a trip to LV without plenty of walking so I say stay at a place that's a bargain and save money for playing! Hope this helps.
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 05:16 PM
TahitiTams

I was just in Vegas a couple of days ago and we went into the Orleans to see what everyone is talking about..seemed nice and it was crowded..we hear that is where the locals go..I have not stayed but had friends stay there a couple of years ago and I think they paid $35 and said it wasn't bad but I gotta tell you that we just stayed at the Palms for $44 a night and loved it! All the rooms have pillowtop mattresses and 600 thread count linens and LCD TV's and we were really impressed...got the deal on Expedia..
If you stay there let us know what you think!

Old Jan 7th, 2007, 07:23 PM

TT- That's a great rate for the Palms. Was it mid week, in December before Christmas?
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 08:05 PM
TahitiTams

Hey trippinkpj..
It was this Tues-Thurs after New Year's and from the beds, linens, real cherry wood furnishings..free quatro razor,eye drops and awesome bath products along with lotions/gels.
Anymore, I look for killer beds with good linens and comfy duvet comforters.
I really loved the Palms..and the food options are outstanding.
Best to you.

Old Jan 7th, 2007, 09:22 PM

Thanks TT. I've always wanted to try the Palms (and the dining there), but didn't think the rates ever got that low.
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 09:18 AM
TahitiTams

When you can find a 4* room anywhere in Vegas for $44 that is one heck of a deal! I didn't expect to see the Palms for $44 on Expedia but there it was and glad I did...outstanding hotel!