Las Vegas - dining suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to Vegas in early August to see Garth Brooks at the Wynn for a girls weekend. All of us are late 20s, early 30s. Looking for a few good reasonable priced dining options - on for the night of the show and a second night. On the third night, I think we are going to check out Aureole. Thanks!
Old Jun 29th, 2010, 12:44 PM

It's off the Strip and you would probably need a cab, but DW and I really like Firefly on Paradise. Nice food, good wine selection, but it does get crowded and noisy at times. On the strip Emril Lagesse's sports bar Lagasse Stadium is reasonable if you like that kind of dinner...it's in the Palazzo. In Mandalay Bay, the less formal bistro that's part of RM Seafood is nice as is Border Grill.
Old Jun 29th, 2010, 01:11 PM

We liked the Border Grill at Mandalay Bay--with a restaurant.com coupon, it was reasonable.

I had read wonderful things about Lotus of Siam, but it was closed when we were there.

We liked Yama Sushi--a neighborhood place off the Strip--attractive, tasty, inexpensive.
Old Jun 29th, 2010, 01:22 PM

This guy goes to Vegas often and does an informal write up on all the places he has dined at, over 90 restaurants to date. These range from high-end Michelin-starred French places like Guy Savoy and Joel Robuchon and Alex, to pancake houses and the In-N-Out Burger to buffets.

For a quick sample read his review of Bouchon for his favorite breakfast spot, or Canyon Ranch Café for health-food cuisine at a spa (Venetian).

I've only dined at a couple of these but my tastes seem to be in line with his and I enjoyed reading what he wrote even about the places I have no interest in, so I feel it's a good resource worth checking out.

http://home.comcast.net/~lasvegasvac...rantGuide.html
Old Jun 29th, 2010, 01:29 PM

The Wynn has Daniel Boulud's restaurant/DB Brasserie and they have a great 4 course meal for around $40 pp.
You get the water show too.
Okada for some sushi is excellent.
Burger Bar at Mandalay.
Delmonico's at the Venetian has some good food and is an Emeril's restaurant.
So many great restaurants with top notch chefs.
Lots of happy hour deals too.
Have fun!
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 06:11 AM

I would check the restaurant.com website as there are many restaurants included that are located on the Strip in addition to Border Grill, previously mentioned. El Segundo Sol is located in the Fashion Show Mall, immediately across the street from Wynn. Another restaurant, located in the Canal Shoppes at the Venetian that participates is Mario Batali's Enoteca San Marco.

Note: restaurant.com certificates are almost always on sale, for the current coupon code just Google "restaurant.com and coupon code. The current one expires tonight is good for 80% off - use coupon code "plate'. Currently El Segundo Sol is sold out, but it will be restocked beginning August 1st.