Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas restaurants - moderate prices/veg choices

Old Oct 4th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, thanks to all who responded to my hotel question, we are now confirmed for Aladdin & hoping for the best. Next I am looking for suggestions for moderately priced restaurants on the Strip (upto $20/entree) with a good vegetarian selection since one of our party of 4 is vegetarian. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 21st, 2006, 09:49 PM

You should od pretty well in the Aladdin. They have a PF Changs that serves Chinese, it should be easy for a vegetarian to find food that they like there. The Aladdin bufet is also pretty good and have a very nice salad bar and a wide choice of entrees.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 06:16 AM

Not sure when you are going but I was just in Vegas twice this month and the Aladdin main areas are a mess due to construction. I have no idea what is going on with the rooms tho as I was at the Mirage and Treasure Island.

PF Chang's is a great choice and still open at the Aladdin (I was in it, so I know that for sure). There is some talk about moving it to another spot in the hotel.

I've eaten in many places in Vegas over the years and almost every menu in has things a vegetarian can eat. I do not eat much meat, altho not a vegetarian, and I always find lots to eat so it should not be a problem.

I hate buffets so I am not going to recommend one (I can serve myself at home !!) but in most places you can just order a couple of side dishes if the entrees do not appeal to you - I've done that many times.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 08:07 AM

Hi--love your name!!--We have eaten twice (w/our vegetarian, who later took *his* vegetarian college friend there, so it must have been a vegetarian hit) at Bertolini at the Caesar Forum shops. It is great fun to sit "outside" next to the fountain, but the whole place is nice and fits in your price range. I recommend it. Not a long walk from Aladdin, either.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 08:10 AM

PS--I agree w/Lori, I hate buffets w/one BIG exception....a brunchy type meal at Paris--right across the street from you. Great food and atmosphere!!
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 09:06 AM

Bertolini's is closed for remodeling and I am not sure when it will reopen.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 09:16 AM

For a quick and casual, order at the counter meal, my vegitarian friend (not a vegan) likes Chipotle. It's on the outside of Harrah's.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 09:18 AM

Okay, my suggestion isn't in your moderate category, but just in case you need a quick lunch in the Harrahs vicinity.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 10:14 AM

"Bertolini's is closed for remodeling. . ."
Interesting concept. What is there to remodel except to buy new chairs and tables since it is all in the "outdoors" of the mall? Unless it's a new kitchen.

I always liked that place a lot but 2 years ago, had a really awful meal there, and this summer noticed that the place was half empty at 1 PM, which was really strange. Is there more to this story, do you think?
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 02:42 PM

HI Patrick, I don't know if you remember, but they had a fairly elaborate indoor rstrnt, as well. I always just asked for "outside" b/c I liked it, but whenever I would go "inside" to the ladies'room, I was always surprised at how nice it was w/lots of dark wood. That must be the part that is being remodeled. Sorry you had a bad meal there. My husband got some undercooked fish once that had to be sent back, but otherwise, we have had quite good food there and really enjoyed imagining we were back in Piazza Navona.... However, I guess I would say that our main reason for going there is when we have our vegetarian w/us, which was my reason for recommending this spot to the OP.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 03:16 PM

You're right. I didn't remember. I really didn't recall much inside area at all.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 04:32 PM

I replied to your original post--but most of the strip resorts offer Chinese, Mexican, or Italian restaurants...so choose one of these and your friend should be fine. PF Chang's is a chain but quite good, and everyone can get an appetizer and entree for about $20/pp.
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 08:02 PM

If NYNY is close enough for you, Il Fornaio there has vegitarian choices. It's Italian food, and I think would fit in your price range.