Lago mar hotel Fort Lauderdale

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know whether 1 bedroom suites at Lago Mar hotel all have a view of pool or ocean or lake or do some have a view of the parking lot ? Also is all the accommodation there the same standard.?
thanks
Jennie
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 05:58 AM

We had a 1 bedroom a few years ago that was oceanfront with a wonderful balcony and view. It had 2 double beds in the 1 bedroom. There are 2 sections in the hotel-the older, original section and a new one which was added on. Our suite was in the older section , but don't let that deter you. It was very nicely decorated and we loved it. I believe I read that they have refurbished them with new Tommy Bahama furniture since we were there, so I'm betting it is extremely nice now. Call them and ask where the 1 bedroom wuites are located. If you just want a room or executive suite, ask for the new section. Have a great time!
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 06:33 AM
jd

When we have stayed in an executive suite ,which are cheaper than the poolside and oceanfront suites, we have overlooked the front of the hotel.It does overlook what they call Mayan Lake, which is actually part of the intercoastal waterway. There used to be a water taxi stop there, but not any more. Between the hotel and the water is an access road to the hotel and condos next door. There is also parking on this road for the hotel, and the only traffic consists of people going to park.If you are sitting out on your balcony, you had a nice view of the intercoastal, but also had the cars going by to park.We really didn't mind this too much except for the time when we were right above the main entrance.The slamming of the car doors with people dropping off their luggage was a little annoying. The suite itself was very nice. I'm not sure if all of the executive suites are this way. The poolside suite we stayed in last year was nice and since it was on the top floor it had an oceanview also.
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 12:14 PM
wow

Your best bet is to call Lago Mar & tell them exactly what you want. They are very accomodating. The rooms/suites vary greatly in terms of "view" & decor. To give you an example, the last time we were there we had the "2 BR direct oceanfront" ( I think they also add on some tag like "executive" or "luxury" to designate its "top of the line" category). Anyway....we had 3 views! One spectacular, two "keep the drapes closed"!! We loved the "direct ocean front" good sized balcony & had breakfast & late night drinks there. That "view" was off the living room. When you entered the suite the "Living room/kitchen/dining" was down a hallway to your right. So, you cld enjoy the ocean view from each of these areas. The 2 bedrooms were to the left down the same hallway. Each bedroom had its own bathroom. And, there was a 3rd main bathroom. The bedrooms had the "keep the drapes closed" views! One room faced the parking lot & the other faced condos( I think) next door. So, in effect, this "oceanfront" suite had 3 views!!! That is why I say you have to call & get them to "draw you a map"!! If you are lucky, you will get a 1BR where the living room & bedroom both face the ocean but I do not know if such a creature exists @ Lago Mar.
One final point: The suite we had needed a face-lift & it sounds, from a post above, that Tommy Bahama has been successful in achieving that! But, again, you have to ask.

Lago Mar is a very lovely place: 2 beautiful pools, an excellent restaurant w/ poolside tables for night-time dining, close proximity to some excellent restaurants (Charlie's Crab on the inracoastal) & shopping ....and a truly beautiful beach for long walks & swimming. I'd love to be there right now!
Hope this helps, JennieB!
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Original Poster

thanks for both replies--the difficulty is that Im trying to plan for last 3 days of April holiday so want somewhere guaranteed nice without having to pay $400 per night (ie top of the range suite )which was their response to my email.Any other suggestions for alternative hotel in Fort Lauderdale which would give us a good view either ocean/waterway with pool near or on beach are much appreciated--for my dates Marriott Harbourbeach is full.
JennieB
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 03:30 AM
jd

Try the Pelican Beach Resort-it is brand new. pelicanbeach.com
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 04:45 AM

Agree with Pelican beach resort...it looks wonderful IMO...I dive by there quite a bit!
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 12:32 PM
wow

Recently somebody here mentioned The Holiday Inn @ Highland Beach (North of FLL)
(561)278-6241
It's right on the beach b/t Boca Raton & Delray Beach South of Linton Blvd. I don't know if you need to stay in FLL for some reason, but if not, this Holiday Inn maybe worth calling.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 12:32 PM
wow

Recently somebody here mentioned The Holiday Inn @ Highland Beach (North of FLL)
(561)278-6241
It's right on the beach b/t Boca Raton & Delray Beach South of Linton Blvd. I don't know if you need to stay in FLL for some reason, but if not, this Holiday Inn may be worth calling.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 12:33 PM
wow

Don't know how that duplicate post happened....Sorry...