LA Seafood Restaurants

Oct 3rd, 2003, 06:21 AM
Smilingstill

LA Seafood Restaurants

We're reserved at a Santa Monica seafood place on Ocean Avenue, but would like one more recommendation. Any place you loved and recommend? Also asian fusion, if you've a special place in mind, good for late lunch. Leaving in two weeks and need to reserve rather sooner than later. Thanks very much for your kind assistance. (PS> I'm also doing research on this site - I believe LA restaurants were discussed once or twice recently, but don't recall detais about seafood places.)

Oct 3rd, 2003, 06:53 AM
Smilingstill

Soory, but really need the information - so ttt for myself. Blush - I won't do it again, promise.

Oct 3rd, 2003, 06:57 AM

Which areas are you interested in? The Lobster, at the foot of the Santa Monica Pier, is getting good word of mouth (but I haven't eaten there yet myself). Chaya Venice is still popular (for the Asian thing). I'm waiting for my 2004 Zagat's Guide to come out....

In my neck of the woods (ugly ol' Long Beach), we have two great seafood joints: Pine Avenue Fish House and Parker Lighthouse, both in downtown. But since there are other choices, just as great, up on the Westside, you don't need to make the trip down.
Oct 3rd, 2003, 07:04 AM
Smilingstill

Thanks, Im in Malibu, out on PCH, and with wheels, and know LA inside out. We usually go 2-3 times annually. So, I can reach anyplace you think is worthwhile.

Seafood - asian - pacific rim.

Oct 3rd, 2003, 05:02 PM

Crustacean (Vietnamese) in Beverly Hills (S.M. Blvd. at Bedford) and Water Grill in downtown L.A. (Grand Ave. betw. 5th & 6th).