Cancun--restaurants & clubs for 30somethings

Old Oct 12th, 2003, 07:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancun--restaurants & clubs for 30somethings

Hi, I am going to Cancun Friday with 6 other 30something women. I have been a few times and we are planning to eat at La Habichuela. Does anyone know of any other restaurants that are amazing down there? I love the atmosphere and food at La Habichuela and would like to try some other places.

As far as clubs, I have heard about La Boom and some bar at the Ritz. Any other recommendations? We will definitely want to dance and would like some other good options that aren't all 22 yr olds.

Thank you!
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 08:54 AM

We liked La Boom so much too.

You might enjoy Azucar also - great live Salsa bands.

Glass is very nice.

For dining, La Habiculela is the best. Labna is also owned by the same people. We liked Sasha's, and for a lot of fun try Maria Bonita or Perrico's.

Great downtown seafood is Pescador.

Really good breakfast buffets at Iguana Wana and Fisherman's Cove - right on the water.
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 06:56 PM

Can't tell you much about the clubs, other than the Over 30 Club downtown. I agree with some of the other posters regarding Maria Bonita, La Habichuela and Iguana Wana. Downtown, I also recommend La Parilla and La Placita on Avenida Yaxchilan near Hotel Margaritas. And as for Sasha's Bistro, don't miss it. Perrico's has a fun atmosphere, but food is better elsewhere.
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 07:03 AM

We like the band at Pat O'Brien's. They play a good variety of contemporary music and are very good. I would say the crowd is mostly 30-40 ish.
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 10:13 AM

There is a wonderful restaurant that is so beautiful it is called La Jolla and it is located in the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach. Try it you will love it. While I was there last year they were getting ready to open another restaurant It looked like it was going to be beautiful too!!! Have fun