Search

LA hotels w/ teens

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LA hotels w/ teens

We'll be spending a few days in the L.A. area in June. We have 2 teens who want to see the touristy stuff (but not amusement parks) and go to the beach. I'm looking at hotels in Santa Monica (The Ambrose?) and Manhattan Beach (The Marriott or Ayres?). Any thoughts on these or others??? Thanks.
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 02:11 PM

Shade just opened in December in Manhattan Beach. Expensive boutique hotel getting good buzz and from what little I can see on the site, the rooms are amazing. Have you thought about the Beach House in between Hermosa and MB (or maybe right in Hermosa)? Haven't stayed there but it is perfectly located on The Strand. They can walk between Hermosa and MB easily and even down to Redondo Pier. Great shops for teens in MB.
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 03:46 PM

You picked a couple nice hotels in Manhattan Beach. Ayres is fairly new and gets really good comments. It is adjacent to the 405 Freeway in Hawthorne, but near the MB border, so would be easy to get to attractions. The Marriott is on Rosecrans, and has views of the Golf Course. Lots of good restaurants in the area. Also I like the Marriott Residence Inn in MB, which has a kitchenette, and extra room for your teens. Lots of California beach life in the downtown area, surfers, bikini shops, etc. LOL
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 07:08 AM

The Ambrose in Santa Monica is a nice boutique-style hotel in what I consider an awful location-- basically across the street from St. John's Hospital. There's almost nothing in the neighborhood other than clinics, doctor's offices and some commercial strips that close by 9 PM. Everything becomes a drive away. Happily, the Ambrose offers free London Cab service to the fun parts of Santa Monica.

If you bother staying in Santa Monica for a vacation, why not stay closer to the ocean? For example, at the Georgian. Right on Ocean Ave., lovely views of the Pacific, just up from the Pier and beach access. A historic property from the 1930s, recently renovated. A budget place that gets pretty good feedback as well is the Best Western Ocean View. And, now that I think of it, the Huntley is a very nice hotel just a couple of blocks inland. Oh, and look at the Brit-chic Viceroy as well; a bit farther down Ocean, but attractively-priced.
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I will check out these additional suggestions as well!
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 04:01 PM
lvk

http://www.kanoaaquatics.com/surf_le...f_lessons.html
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 04:02 PM
lvk

Sorry, CindyA. That answer was in reply to your other question about surf lessons. For some reason, I am having lots of trouble posting on certain threads. I tried posting this response to you 3 times on your other thread.

Enjoy your trip to Southern California.
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info!