Search

LA Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LA Hotels

I'm going to be in LA for a few days at the end of August w/ some friends (4 girls, mid-20's) and we were planning on staying somewhere on/near the strip - The following 3 hotels were thrown out to me...Wyndham Bel Age, Grafton on Sunset, Sunset Plaza (best western). just wondering if anyone has any opinions on any of these (or any other suggestions.) thanks!
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 08:18 AM

There is also a Hyatt and The Standard. I can't say what the rooms are like, but my ex stayed at the Grafton and complained that he had a hard time getting hot water for the shower.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 10:26 AM

I have stayed at the Bel Age and the Grafton and I preferred the Grafton. The decor in the rooms is totally retro and fun. It's in a great location for walking anywhere on the strip. It's not your average hotel and the price is right! We loved it! The Bel Age is nice too, though. The Grafton was just something different and fun.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 10:31 AM

What's your budget and demands?
Are you wanting free b'fast or free parking? Need 2 bathrooms? There are so many great properties in the area it helps to narrow the field.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

our most important requirements are to be near some good nightlife and not be staying in some sketchy place. Obviously free bkfst and parking would be great perks, but not totally necessary. if possible would like to keep price at 200/night or less, but are flexible....
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 08:53 PM

Sunset Plaza is a good location near Comedy Store, clubs, restaurants, shopping. The hotel itself is a regular best western 3 star, clean...free breakfast..small pool area...nice staff, the rooms are very good size and have a fridge which is great. If you are staying 4 in one room the beds are 2 queens which is better than 2 doubles. Prices on Expedia and quikbook are usually around $135...check with the hotel to see if they offer an "entertainment card rate" for your dates - if they do you can easily purchase a card or 2 cards at entertainment.com. Well worth it if you're staying a few days. It's really the hidden gem of the area hotels.
www.sunsetplazahotel.com

Another good bet is Summerfield Suites in West Hollywood, but it is in a residential neighborhood/ parking is expensive. Good rates though sometimes at wyndham.com when you click on "Webrates". And they have some really family sized units.