KOA Kamping Kabins

Old May 6th, 2002, 04:52 PM
lmsa_mc

KOA Kamping Kabins

Has anyone stayed in KOA Kamping Kabins? If so, what was your experience? Would you do it again? Thinking of trying them and want some advice.
Thanks

Old May 6th, 2002, 08:10 PM
r-travels

Stayed in one in Littleton MA (Minuteman KOA). Was set up pretty nice: one full (or queen?) sized bed, and a set of bunks. A Table. All inside. Well screened door/windows and seals around the door for colder times. Small porch, with overhanging roof, with chair on that. No plumbing, but had electricity, I think it had electric heat (didn't check, it was July) Not bad, I suppose .... floor would have been dry, as opposed to tent camping. Also, restrooms, showers, and pool all well maintained and very clean. Would visit again. (remove the x in my eddress to write me)

Old May 7th, 2002, 06:17 AM
jpm

I have stayed in them many, many times. The value for price is great. And depending on what KOA you are staying at, there are lots of extras.

Realize, you are getting a very "bare" cabin. Basically, they will sleep from 4 to 6 people (there are some two room cabins that will sleep more). You have to provide your own sheets, pillows, blankets. Most have an electric outlet - but not all. Some have an air conditioner. Depending upon where you are traveling check the temperature as it may be hot in the summer - carry a small fan with you.

Anyway, where are you going? You can check out the KOA website for all kinds of useful information. If you decide to go this route, sign up for the KOA Kard for a %10 discount.

Write at the above email if you have any specific questions.

jpm

Old May 7th, 2002, 12:23 PM
lmsa_mc

Thank you for the advice. We're going to Arizona and Utah and are considering staying in some kamping kabins. The family is split on this, 2 want outdoors, campfire, etc. others want TV, bathroom, luxury. This info will help decide.

Old May 7th, 2002, 12:43 PM
jpm

The Kamping Kabins might make a nice compromise for you (well, they are not luxury). But most have a place to build a fire outside and they tend to have a campground feel.

I've found most (a few exceptions) KOAs to have clean facilities - showers, laundromats, swimming pools, etc.

Have a great time. I'm looking at a Utah/Arizona trip next year - post a trip review when you're done.