Kids and a Yankees Game...Tickets

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting tix to a Yankees game for my husbands birthday while we are visiting family in NY. We have 2 kids, 1 of which will be 5 months when we go to the game. Do I have to buy her a ticket? She will just sit on my or my husbands lap, so she doesnt NEED a seat... but i dont want to get there and not be able to get in.

thanks!
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 02:53 PM

This must be Find all of Tim's irritants at MLB games Day. First, leaving early.... Now infants at a game...Joking around of course.

How still is your infant going to be? I don't think you need to get her a ticket but check www.yankees.com. Then I would call the Yankees for tickets and ask for an aisle seat for the inevitable getting up / down during the game.

From yankees.com
Children

Children who are less than 30 inches tall and can walk freely under the turnstile or children who are 30 inches tall and are carried into Yankee Stadium do not need a ticket for entry. However, the child must sit on an adult's lap during the game without obstructing the view of any other guests.
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

thanks. she is a very calm baby, so i have no concern she will bother anyone!
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 04:18 PM

Thats good. I sat next to an infant at Fenway last year where the baby wouldnt stop crying / screaming and the parents were clueless and stayed in their seats until another fan got an usher. Then they left and never came back.

Enjoy the game
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 06:36 PM

Keep in mind that depending on when the game is, sitting at a MLB game in summer can mean sitting in FULL SUN and very hot. Make sure baby has hat, sunscreen etc.

Also, depending on where the seats are, you may need to be vigilant for fly balls going into the seats. While at a game at the old Yankee Stadium, I saw a woman get hit in the head with a line drive [we were on 1st base side, and not all that close to field or action.] It wasn't pretty.
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 06:27 AM

I suggest you and baby stay home and let Dad and the other child go to the game. Honestly, not a good idea for a child that young. You'll all be miserable.