Search

Key west-something new

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2003, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key west-something new

Hi -
My entire family started going to Key West for a week each spring. We love it! Some of our favorite restaurants are: Blue Heaven and Mangia Mangia. We go to the Fort,usually go boating/snorkeling a day, try to see at least one attraction we haven't been to before (we've seen most). Last year we were there for the house and garden tour which we enjoyed.

I always try to surprise them by coming up with one new restaurant (new to us) and some new adventure they didn't know about. Anybody have any ideas?? I thought about dinner at Little Palm but my sister has two kids and I think it may be too formal. Also, someone on another site mentioned the jungle tour. Has anyone done that?

Thanks in advance--

P.S. For those who like spa treatments--I think the pedicure at the White House salon is the best I have ever had.
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 05:36 PM
GoTravel

Children under the age of 16 aren't allowed on Little Palm Island.

Have you done the all day trip to the Dry Tortugas?

Old Feb 10th, 2003, 06:40 PM

I like El Meson De Pepe’s Casa Cayo Hueso, located in Mallory Square; as well as the Half Shell Raw Bar. Both are family-friendly. As far as family activities go, what about a Scavenger Hunt. Check out this web site: http://www.gotothekeys.com/scavenger_hunt.htm ....OR.... A Dolphin adventure. Check out: http://www.key-west-dolphin-watch.com/eco_dolphin_trip.htm
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 03:57 AM

Hopefully you've done the Conch Train tour (not the Trolley). Have you taken either the walking tour or a Bike tour? The Moped Hospital used to have a good bike tour (not moped) to see some of the out of the way places. Walking tour guides can be gotten around Mallory Square.
Have you eaten at El Siboney..great Cuban food.
Also check out www.keywest.com for schedule of events. Enjoy.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 05:41 AM

I agree with above posters. El Meson de Pepe was very good, but not as "down-home" as El Siboney was for Cuban.

The Day-Trip to the Dry Tortugas was the best part of our trip. I also think it's the best snorkeling.

The best restaurant hands-down in EYW is La Trattoria on Duval. It's Italian and looks fancy, but we did dinner in casual clothes and had the best service of the entire time we were there.

The Museum at the Custom House is very nice as well
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 12:25 PM
mbo

I would not recomend Jungle Tours. They were horrible. Our boat broke down and the whole tour had to come back and cut the tour short. They tried to charge us. The were so rude. They did not have any life jackets in the boat.

BO's is my favorite restaurant. It is very casual but I think it is the best food on the island!