Key West Hyatt Vs. La Concha

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have reservatins for the Hyatt on Front Street in early February. I was able to get a partial gulfview room for a really good price, but now have seen the prices at the Crown Plaza La Concha drop to a lower price. The advantage of the Hyatt is that we will have a balcony with a gulf view, as opposed to La Concha which is a standard room without even a balcony. The appeal of La Choncha to me is the location, I think that I like the idea of being more towrds the middle of town, instead of being at one extreme of Old Town. But the gulfview feels really hard to give up especially only costing a little bit more. Any comments or suggestions on either hotel or what might be the better location, as far as convenience to attraction and restaurants?
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 07:30 AM

I have stayed at both and recommend you go with the Hyatt. "Middle of town" means nothing in Key West as long as you're in Old Town. La Concha is a 5 to 10 minute walk from the Gulf and at the Hyatt you're a short stroll from Mallory Square's sunset activities.

I stayed at La Concha for only $50 thru Priceline and the room was so small (with only one bed) that I asked if I could possible have two beds since I was traveling with my brother. It was a slow period and they were wonderful enough to upgrade me to one of their few suites. THAT was wonderful, but I could never have stayed in that tiny room.
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 07:33 AM
GoTravel

The La Concha is very close to the Hyatt. The Hyatt is a much nicer property, La Concha really isn't close. Plus the La Concha has a pool the size of my bathtub whereas the Hyatt is bigger. Actually, I think the location of the Hyatt is much better.

Old Jan 16th, 2005, 08:20 AM

Stick with your plans to stay at the Hyatt. There's no comparison between the two, and they're really not that far apart. There's nothing special about staying on Duval...it's just crowded with t-shirt shops and tourists. Have fun
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 06:09 PM

Assuming you do stay at the Hyatt, you should still make a point of catching at least one sunset from the top of La Concha. There's now a cover charge, I believe it's $5 each, but you get a ticket redeemable at the bar. The sunset view (and that of the city itself) is spectacular!
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 12:52 AM

The Hyatt is better and if you have a car The La Concha will hit you up big for parking $15-20 per day and it is a tired and worn hotel the Hyatt is much nicer and modern Hotel .