Key West Hotel/ Santa Maria Suites

Old Jan 19th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key West Hotel/ Santa Maria Suites

Hello,
I have been searching the site and I haven't seen that much info on this hotel. Can anyone share if they have stayed here and if they liked it? I will be traveling in June..I know, it will be HOT.....;-)...

Thanks for your help!
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 06:41 PM
mp

We stayed there for a few days in March, 2009 - loved the place - great rooms, really friendly staff. We liked the location - a pleasant 10 minute walk to 'downtown' Key West, it was quiet but not remote. We liked the access to the big fancy sister property - was it a Hyatt?, sorry, I forget what the name was, but it had a nice workout room and was pleasant to sit on their small beach. The small, but very pleasant pool, the free smoothies, the great wifi and the well laid out, modern design of the rooms all suited us very well. We'd stay there anytime.
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 05:09 AM

Santa Maria Suites were built to sell as condominiums several years ago. When public response was tepid they began to be offered as rentals. They're apparently very nice (as an expensive condo would be) and get very good reviews on trip advisor.

I don't know anything about a big fancy sister property. There's no Hyatt nearby, but the new Southernmost on the Beach is only about a year old and it's just a block or so away, so perhaps that's the one.
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 09:05 AM
mp

I just looked - last year they were still linked to the Casa Marina Resort - about a 6 minute walk away from Santa Maria Suites. We used the work out room and pools there one day.

In looking at the Santa Maria website and nowhere is it mentioned, so I can only assume the relationship is over . . . I would still stay at Santa Maria, anyway.
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much everyone!!