Search

key west hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 09:34 AM
pirate

key west hotel

visiting key west this fall. looking at the
hilton, hyatt or pier house for lodging. Either of these particularly stand out. If so why?

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 09:37 AM
NeverBeen

Pier House and the Hilton seem not to be a favorite but the Hyatt gets nice reviews.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 09:48 AM
susan

Of these 3, the Hyatt definitely gets the best reviews. I've stayed there several times and like it a lot. The dissatisfaction with the Hilton centers on several things: the rooms are considered "cookie cutters", and some people have said they smell musty. Others have complained that the cruise ships docking in front of the Hilton have blocked the view. The Pier House gets very mixed reviews, too. Most of their rooms overlook the parking lot, while all the Hyatt rooms have at least a partial Gulf view.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 09:56 AM
alex

I liked the Hyatt just fine but our room definitely had only a city view which was mostly the parking lot and foliage. The room was nice and big and it is in a great location.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 10:02 AM
J T Kirk

My problem with all three (and I've stayed at all but the Hilton) is that they are all very much "hotels." They have little to no distinct personality. Then again, I don't like big hotels, so don't go by what i say. If you care to, check out www.flakeys.com and look at the other fine places in Key West. By the way, nearly every place down there has their own website.
Have fun.