Reload this Page >

Hyatt non-ocean view rooms in Key West

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 01:45 PM
Jim

We purchased tickets today and will be visiting Key West in mid September. We have checked many Hotels and B&B's and are considering a non-ocean view room at the Hyatt. Has anyone else stayed in the Hyatt's non-ocean rooms. I read a post from a year ago that said the non-ocean view rooms actually did have come exposure to the ocean. Any information would be appreciated.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 03:25 PM
jean

I love Key West. I really think the spirit of the place is much better captured at one of the guest houses, rather than one of the large hotels. The Hyatt looks lovely, but unless you really want to be there so you can stare at the ocean, it doesn't seem worth the money. A few blocks away can get you a lovely room in one of several guest houses, the ones we've stayed in are Paradise Inn, Ambrosia House and Island City House.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 07:37 PM
Andy

Jim- If you are NOT going to get an OCEANVIEW room at the Hyatt, then
get a room at the Best Inn in Key West-Marquesa Inn--It is not on the beach but it is sooooooooo romantic and has a private pool area for quests and is 5 star!

Otherwise,OCEANVIEW at the HYATT---

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Sue

I have stayed in non- ocean view rooms at The Hyatt for the last 2 years ( and will be there again in 5 weeks) and have been very pleased. We still had a view of the water, even though our room wasn't oceanfront. The previous poster is absolutely correct in that there are a large number of wonderful B&B's in Key West. If however, you are like us and prefer a larger hotel in a great location, the Hyatt is great - even the non-oceanview rooms - have a nice stay!

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 05:21 PM
paula

I stayed at a non-oceanview Hyatt last year and had room over-looking the parking lot. We were woken up every morning to a group sleeping in their van. It was the worst experience at a Hyatt. We paid $350 per night and they couldnt change our room. or wouldnt. Maybe we just had bad luck.

The last two visits we have stayed at Inns or Guest houses which we really enjoyed. I also suggest te Paradise Inn or the Key West Harbor Inn.