Reload this Page >

Key West Bed & Breakfast

Search

Key West Bed & Breakfast

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 06:45 PM
Ted

Key West Bed & Breakfast

Looking for a suggestion for a B&B in Key West. I've checked the 'net and found many many options -- it's tough to differentiate. Any personal experiences?
(Also interested in condo suggestions.)

Thanks

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 11:07 PM
Richard

try this website. My advice is look for what you think is good, check in to that one and then walk around to the others.

Nearly all of them are nice, and the best way is to see them first hand. You can always check out and go to the others.

They will be VERY expensive in winter, so don't be shocked by the prices.

If you have not been to KW, you will love it. Something about it that makes you feel as if you are a million miles from home!

The local charaters are as strange as they get, and make you wonder if they all ran away from something!

I love this place!

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 11:08 PM
Richard

sorry forgot the site:

http://www.seekeys.com/guesthouses_bandb.html

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 03:10 AM
xxx

At particular times of the year one can walk in and walk out if the establishement is not like the pictures. If Ted is visiting in winter, that option will not be available. Places will be booked up. Try doing a search on this board, I am sure it has been addressed before.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 03:49 AM
Jean

Only three places in Key West that I have personal experience with and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of them. First one is Paradise Inn, on Simonton. We stayed in one of the 'cheaper' rooms, but it was still very nice, marble bathroom, lovely furniture, but no where to sit right outside the room. So, next visit we tried Island City House, had a room on the third floor of the 'main house' which has a huge veranda. Love it and have been back twice. Third choice is Ambrosia House where we also had a room with a large private veranda overlooking the pool. Other places that we've looked seriously at are Mango Tree Inn, Cypress House, and another on Simonton whose name eludes me at the moment.

When we were there last month we toured the 'Southernmost House' which will be open soon as a B&B. The rooms were lovely, but the prices were awful. Rack rates will be $750-1000 per night. Not for me, I guess, but the tour of the main floor was pretty darn interesting.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 04:56 AM
susan

For a condo, you might look into the Galleon...it's a timeshare that rents to non-owners and it's in a great location. Renting a condo in Key West can be dicey these days because there's a newly enforced regulation against unlicensed properties renting out for less than a month.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 05:23 AM
SA

I would stay @ the Heron House or Marquesa (good restaurant as well). My preference has always been to stay on Simonton, that way you close to the action, but not in it.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 08:52 AM
sherry

We have been to the Keys 3 times and going back again in 2 weeks. We have stayed at the Conch House, Mermaid and the Alligator and Island City House (with our kids). I would highly recommend the Mermaid for couples, the Island City House for families. None are cheap, but well worth the price.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 12:36 PM
MMB

Had the most wonderful experience at Marrero's Guest Mansion. Can't wait to get back there. It's really close to everthing and the hosts are amazing.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 12:39 PM
ajkv

Marrerro's is supposed to be haunted. Anything happen during your visit?

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Denise Richie

You're lucky, I'd love to go to Key West. I haven't been there in many years and have stayed at motels. But I have seen many websites and think that whatever you end up with, you will probably be happy.

When my hubby and I rent B & B's our friends always look shocked as though, "what if it isn't a nice place"? Well, we feel like we're not actaully buying the place, just staying a few nights!

But according to the Key West sights, all of the B & Bs look so beautiful. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful stay.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Nita

Much depends on your budget. Island City House is very reasonable & a few blocks walk to everything. They also offer a range of prices, depending on which of the three buildings you stay in. The Galleon is very nice, great location, but be careful...when I was looking into staying there in the fall (which is "off-season"), the only affordable room (under $200 per night) was an "interior room" which offered no windows at all! It sounded more like a closet. I've also heard nice things about the Banyan Tree, but have only seen it from the outside, which is beautiful.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 01:37 PM
sarah

We've stayed at Duval Gardens three years ago and found it very nice. It's farther down on Duval so it's not quite so noisy but within walking distance to everything, we found we didn't need a car to get around. Have fun!

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 01:45 PM
Nancy

Hello,
I second the recommendations for the Marquesa or Heron House (right across street from each other.)
We prefer Heron House and the upstairs rooms.
One block off Duval but quiet and secluded - wonderful!

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 02:53 PM
nlou

Take a look at key harbour inn. We enjoyed it--great location.

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:30 AM
Andy

I third the MARQUESA Inn-- superior Inn and terrific restaurant--
Expensive but worth it- has pool

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:35 AM
SunFun

The Heron House! It is beautiful, romantic and has a great staff. You won't be dissapointed. Marquesa looked very nice and we ate there one night but the meal was lousy. No flavor, cold and small portions. Never again!