Key West

Old May 22nd, 2002, 11:42 AM
Innesha

Key West

My husband and I were looking forward to spending the Memorial Day Weekend in Key West. Most places are already booked up. Does anyone have any suggestions on a place that would be clean/safe/not to many children and not overly priced.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 12:05 PM
x

Let me get this straight-You want to go to Key West THIS Memorial Day weekend and you don't have ANY reservations?? Good luck! In any case, try the Key West Inn Keepers Association. They inspect properties before they recommend them and hopefully they can find something for you this late in the game.

http://www.keywestinns.com

Old May 22nd, 2002, 12:08 PM
jennifer

I have in the past been very lucky with the Radisson on US1 ( old Econo Lodge )in booking last minute to Key West. Although it is not on Duval Street it is a decent place to stay.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 12:09 PM
a

Quikbook is still showing availability for the Crowne Plaza (Holiday Inn) La Concha this weekend at $189 which is pretty reasonable for Key West, especially on a holiday weekend. It is clean and safe but I don't know about kids. Great location.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 05:36 AM
Mike W

I would recommend the La Concha also if it is available. Not having to drive once you get there is a big plus (especially on Memorial Day Weekend), so anything near the middle to west end of Duval Street would be preferential.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 09:58 AM
Enrique

I see availability in several hotels, like the Comfort Inn for $150 (I just verified with them by phone). Send me an email for details and if I can handle your reservation...

Enrique

Old May 23rd, 2002, 10:02 AM
NuffSaid

Enrique you butthole, no solicitation.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 10:06 AM
Bill

I would try the Key West Inn Keepers Association first. You want to stay in Old Town and if there is something available they will find it.

If you don't have any luck there, try either the Fairfield Inn, Best Western Key Ambassador, Sheraton Suites.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 10:19 AM
susan

$150 a night is an outrageous amount to spend at the Comfort Inn, which is in a terrible location on Roosevelt Road near nothing but strip malls and fast food joints. I, too, would try to find something in Old Town.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 07:43 PM
Innesha

Thanks for your advice! Have a safe and happy holiday everyone!