MIA vs FLL (airports)

Old May 22nd, 2002, 02:15 AM
ejc

MIA vs FLL (airports)

I'll be traveling to the 6900 block of Collins ave., Miami Beach in a few weeks. I already made reservations to flY into MIA. I read a post that said it's difficult driving from MIA to my destination and much simpler to drive from Fort Lauderdale. Just like to know if it's worth changing my flight itinerary, and drive from FLL?
Thanks

Old May 22nd, 2002, 03:14 AM
x

Hi, I live in Miami Beach. Keep your reservation. Getting to and from MIA couldn't be easier. From MIA take the "Airport Expressway 112." It turns into 195, which is the Causeway that lets you out onto 41st Street on the beach. You're just north of that, at 69th Street. Have a great trip!

Old May 22nd, 2002, 05:03 AM
Patrick

It really is no problem and I'd probably stick with your reservation, especially if there would be a charge to change it. Depending upon your arrival times, traffic can be deadly between Lauderdale and Miami, so it is still probably a much quicker drive from the Miami airport. I do prefer flying in and out of Ft. Lauderdale, however. Rental car pick up and return are about 100 times easier, the check-in lines tend to be minimal compared to Miami, and the entire airport is just so much more organized and manageable. Depending upon destination, I know I can fly out of Miami, but return to Ft. Lauderdale or vice versa for no extra fee. At least with American Airlines they consider them the same destination.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 05:57 AM
abs

Stay in MIA, there's no reason to switch to FLL unless you were getting a tremendous discount on airfare, even then why drive further. Driving in Miami and FLL is not easy because there's lots of traffic so you have to plan for it. What time do you get in and out? The drive can be 30 minutes or 1 hour.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 04:52 PM
ejc

Thanks folks. I'll be keeping my reservation and fly into MIA. We'll be getting to the airport at about 4:30pm on June 9, Sunday. Do you think the traffic will be good or bad? Or is it always bad?

Old May 23rd, 2002, 08:02 PM
Patrick

Actually, I think you're arriving at one of the best possible times in terms of traffic.