Notices

Key Largo Lodging

Old Dec 25th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Kendra

Key Largo Lodging

Hi,

My husband and I are going to Key Largo for a couple of nights in February and we need tips on a nice place to stay that's not too expensive. We're going with my inlaws and they won't stay in anything that resembles a "roadside motel." We were going to book rooms at The Westin but, after reading the terrible reviews posted on the main Fodors website, we decided to ask "the experts."

Thanks,
Kendra

Old Dec 25th, 2002, 02:29 PM
George

Might want to check out the Holiday Inn. Haven't stayed there lately, but I recollect it's decent digs. They also have the original "African Queen," and the motor boat from "In Golden Pond." Worth a stop to see them anyway.

Old Dec 25th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Barbara

We stayed at the Marriott and I thought it was great. It has a very small beach, but the rooms were nice and had a nice pool area, a restaurant and a bar with entertainment at night.

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 01:52 AM
Cindy

We always stay at the Best Western. They should have pretty good rates and you can sit on your lanais to watch the boats go by.

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Susan

I would highly recommend the Marriott. The hotel is nice, and the location is good for great sunsets! Walk over to Hobo's for some wonderful food and service.

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Chris

I heading over to the westin in january for the 4th time. I haven't had any problems with it during my visits. The marriot is probably quite similar in terms of quality.

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Kendra

Thanks, everyone, for your help. I'll check rates at all of the above and make a decision.

Happy New Year!

Kendra