Search

Keeneland

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 05:43 AM
Cara

Keeneland

Any suggestions on what to wear to the clubhouse this weekend at Keeneland?
Is a dress and hat too much? Does my husband need suit, or just jacket and tie?
Thanks!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 06:05 AM
George

What in the world is Keeneland????

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 06:11 AM
Ang

I used to live in Louisville and went to Keeneland at least once each season. For George, it is a beautiful historic race track in Kentucky and is probably second only to Churchill Downs. The races this weekend are tune ups for the Kentucky Derby in May.

If viewing from the clubhouse, a nice sundress sandals and hat are fine for you or a pretty suit. If going with the dressier suit, I would forgo the hat, people only get dresses to the nines for the Derby and Oaks Day. Hubby doesn't need a suit. Jacket and dress shirt are fine (even a polo shirt with jacket) he can forgo the tie as well or wear it if he wants, but definitely a jacket is necessary.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 06:11 AM
Cara

Sorry...Keeneland is a thoroughbred racetrack in Lexington, KY. Beautiful place, so I have heard. Just gorgeous. And, very , very southern.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 06:22 AM
linda

Cara- I live in Louisville and visit Keeneland.Ditto to the previous post- I didn't see any hats there last year.Suits are a no-no...bright sports coats are everywhere , though. Have fun.
ps- it's Thunder Over Louisville day, so avoid coming through Louisville in the afternoon or evening- many roads are closed and the traffic is awful.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Cara

Thanks very much for your help! Terrific advice. Any advice on where to eat?
The Homestead?
Al la lucies?
Thanks!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 06:30 AM
linda

We ate at Emmet's a few months ago and loved it! It's on Tates Creek Rd. I suggest you make reservations soon.