Kauai wedding advice

Old Jun 4th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kauai wedding advice

Hello everyone ! We are going to get married in Kauai this October. I have never been. My fiancee went as a child. We are staying in a condo near Princeville. My question is this: who do we call for wedding arrangements? I know that the hotel offers some but they are really expensive. It will be the two of us. There are soooo many options on the internet that it is overwhelming. We do not want anything cheezy. Has anyone used a wedding planner that was helpful? Or any advice in general would be helpful as well. We would like a cliff or chapel. He does not want to get married on the sand (although I would not mind). Thanks!
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 12:24 PM

I would suggest going to the Hawaii message board on theknot.com We were married on Maui and I did most of my research there. I was able to find vendors and get reviews and ideas from other brides there. It's a good place to get started. Congratulations!
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 04:22 PM

We got married in Kaua`i in '02 and highly recommend Marcia as a wedding coodinator
http://www.kauai-wedding.com/
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 05:34 AM

Hi there! Good luck planning your wedding. You will not regret doing it on Kauai. I used this service in 2003:
http://paradiseservices.com/index.html

You can look up my profile name for a wedding trip report and links to photos. If you have any specific questions as you get more involved with the planning I'd be glad to help.

I also highly recommend theknot.com for help in planning.
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 01:38 PM

Delayed response, I know, but I did all my research for my small Kauai wedding - no planner (not even from a hotel). I second the recommendation to consult theknot.com. The local Hawaii board provided a wealth of information from my florist to the minister.
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 09:53 AM

Try www.manulele.com -- great source for Kaua`i wedding stuffs, especially north shore.