Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Wedding/Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui next month. HELP!!!!

Apr 28th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Original Poster

Hello everyone,

I am new to posting but have been looking around for the last few weeks. I need some help I am just finishing nursing school and I am so Stressed! My fiance and I will be flying to Hawaii next month. We will be spending 7 days in Kauai, then 5 days in Maui and 1 1/2 days in Ouaho. we will be getting married in Kauai....I need some suggestions on places to have our wedding ceremony (preferably the beach) and also where to go after for a nice dinner. I also need suggestion on where to get my hair and makeup done??? THANK YOU so MUCH in advance.
While in Kauai we have a lot of activities planned but would like it if you can give me opinions and suggestions and places to eat. We are going to do a horseback riding excursion, heli ride, Smith's Luau, Golfing (hubby not me, so far that is it.
For Maui we have planned to go to the Haleakala Crate (but have not decided if we should do sunrise or sunset??, Road to hana and have booked Warren and Annabelle's
As for Oahu we have nothing planned yet. HELP!!!!
Apr 28th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Kal

Congrats and hang loose, Sisath!

Type "kauai+weddings" up in the "search this forum" and I think you'll get a bunch of suggestions.

I hope you can get some sleep on Kauai with all those chickens crowing and helicopters flying over!
If not, make the best of it!
Apr 28th, 2006, 04:00 PM
TahitiTams

Congrat's!!
I am getting re-married in Kauai and we are staying at the Grand Hyatt and the Pastor that is marrying us is only charging $150 and the license is $60 and you have to pay cash and both be present in Kauai..here is his E-Mail..
I am getting married on Shipwreck Beach.
He is a wonderful man..
[email protected] <[email protected]>

Where are you staying in Oahu?
I love going to Hanama bay to snorkel but it is closed on Tuesday..
Good luck!

Apr 28th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

Tahiti,
We already have a wedding planner but have not decided on a location yet. In oahu we are staying at the Mona Surf Rider
Apr 28th, 2006, 06:07 PM
TahitiTams

HI..
Where are you staying in Kauai?
I hope your wedding planner isn't too expensive.. the average cost that I found was around $2-6K and I thought that was just crazy..I hope you found one that is alot cheaper than what I found that is why I am going with the easy peasy Pastor and I am going to have my own lei's made from Plumeria not Orchids and have anklet too and a headress as well..
Oahu.. you will probably just want to chill at Waikiki and go to the market and maybe take the bus to Hanama bay which is gorgeous for snorkeling but I always go way out there where I am swimming in 100 ft and the turtles and the dolphins always seem to be waiting for me..
Wishing you and your fiance all the best!

Apr 29th, 2006, 01:47 PM

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I got married April '05 on SHipwreck beach at sunset, very simple but very emotional. Pastor Kilborn married us also - we had elements from both jewish and christian ceremonies- he did a fine job and we both liked him very much!!

Hair and makeup I had done at ANARA spa right next to Shipwreck Beach- we didn't stay there but the staff were extremely nice and put my flowers in cold storage all day for me.

In Kauai we did the helicopter tour and loved it!!! We used Air Kauai and went in the morning. www.airkauai.com

Also did an ATV tour of KIPU ranch-
www.kiputours.com- never been on an ATV and loved it!! Fun way to see part of the island away from roads and cars etc- saw some beautiful areas!!

Enjoy Kauai and congrats on your wedding - hope this helps--

Also had a photographer and videographer- email me if you wish...

[email protected]
May 3rd, 2006, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the help everyone
May 3rd, 2006, 07:54 PM

Just back from a week on Kauai and a week on Maui. We had a BLAST. On Maui we did the sunset at Haleakala. It was warmer than sunrise, not so crowded and the views \ sunset was great. On Kauai we too did the ATV tour at Kipu ranch and had a great time. The guide was funny and knew a lot about the area. We did not do the helicopter but instead decided to do a boat ride (Na Pali Catamarans out of Hanalei) along the Napali coast. They only take around 14 people and travel all the way down the coast and back. They stop a various points of interest and explain the history. Great fun! If you like Sushi \ Japanese the all time best resteraunt on Maui is the "Sansei" which is slightly north of Kaanapalli. We make a point of eating there everytime we have gone to Maui. I can't help you with wedding sites as we only did our honeymoon in Hawaii but the suggestion regarding ANARA spa (which I believe is at the Hyatt) would be a good bet. The weather was terrific the entire two weeks we were on the islands and I hope you have the same. Best wishes and good luck.
May 4th, 2006, 01:12 PM

Just got back from our honeymoon in Maui and BI. Nothing compares to seeing a sunRISE from atop Haleakala (you can see a sunset anywhere). It was absolutely breathtaking. I'm not gonna fool you, it'll be cold (35-40 degrees F), but just get extra blankets from your hotel and dress appropriately.

The Road to Hana is fun. Stop in Cafe Mambo in Paia for your picnic lunch and the small bakery a few doors down. Snorkel at Black Rock in front of the Sheraton. Eat fish tacos from the truck just south of the Grand Wailea. You're gonna love it!
May 4th, 2006, 02:02 PM

Smiley,

You are not even married yet, and your intended is planning to make you a golf widow on your honeymoon? You may need to rethink this whole wedding thing.8-)
May 5th, 2006, 12:59 PM

I used the distant waterfall location:

http://www.paradiseservices.com/

Search for my posts - wedding/trip report within (also on www.theknot.com)