Reload this Page >

Kauai Marriott or Radisson?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Carole

My family of 3 will be visiting Kauai for a week the end of March 2003. Which hotel is nicer(rooms, pool, location, etc.)between the Marriott and Radisson? Also...is Lihue OK or should we try for something in Poipu? Would appreciate any helpful comments!

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Duger

Lihue is fine, some complain that it is near the airport, but not a big deal imo. Marriott is considered to be nicer than the Radison, but I have stayed at the Marriott and visited the Radison. I would imagine that the Marriott is more expensive. The Radisson was very nice. If you can save say $50 more a night by staying at the Radisson,, then stay there. If the pricing is close choose the Marriott.

BTW, have you bought the "Ultimate Kauai Guidebook" tons of useful info for your trip. Enjoy

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 03:38 PM
Linda

Lihue area is more likely to be rainy than Poipu which is the sunny area.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 07:31 AM
MMN

I stayed at the Radisson in July and loved it. Great location and really pretty resort. Rooms were standard but we loved the view from our room and the pools. Also loved being able to get to the North and South easily.
Definitely check the weather difference though. July was sunny and warm the entire time.
I agree with Duger on the comparison. We went to the Marriott's restaurant for dinner. Marriott property looked more upscale than Radisson. I think I would have been happy at either - see what the price difference is.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 02:43 PM
stevenLA

We spent a week at Radisson Kauai last month and would not stay there again. Pools are nice and location is convenient; however, found rooms to be dark, dreary, tiny bathrooms, and rude staff (from front desk manager and staff to the guy handing out pool towels, which you have to sign stating you'll pay $10 if not returned by 6pm). Spirit of Aloha is missing from this resort ... we've visited the Marriott and have seen the rooms ... choose the Marriott!

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 12:54 PM
alohagirl

I just got back from Hawaii, spent the first two days at the Marriott to recover from the jet lag before we moved to the condo. LOVED IT! The worlds most awesome pool, nice calm protected beach, even a nice fitness center. The grounds are so nice, but you'll live at the pool. It was hot this time of year so we appreciated the a/c. Radisson is on the east side and the weather comes in usually from that direction. Poipu is the best however, IMHO. We stayed at Whalers Cove paid the same per night as the hotel room and got two bedrooms, 2.5 baths, beautiful kitchen, ocean twenty yards away, a car and access to the snorkel spot on the south shore from the parking lot. worth the splurge!

Old Aug 31st, 2003, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Topping for Ashley24
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 11:13 AM
koa

Depends what your priority is.Both hotels are centrally located. The marriott is more upscale. The pool is large and Kalapaki beach is usually good for swimming. The Radisson has a pretty good pool, but the beach fronting it is too rough for swimming. Given all that, you probably would like the marriott better.
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 04:09 PM

Does anyone have info on the Beach Club part of the Marriot? What size are the rooms? Are they closer to the beach? Are the smokestacks really an issue? How far away are they?