Kauai-Hideaway Cove Villas

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2003, 06:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a search on this and lots of people have asked advice over the past couple of years and no one seems to know--are these good condos?? The price I was quoted was VERY reasonable--now I am worried that the price is too good and you get what you pay for. Has anyone stayed here? Has anyone heard of it? (It is not listed in The Ultimate Kaui Guidebook)
Old May 31st, 2003, 01:11 AM

Do you have a link for it?
Old May 31st, 2003, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

Yes, hideawaycove.com. We found it through vrbo.com and it appears to be nice--we have never been to Kauai and will be there for almost two weeks so the accomodations are a somewhat important. Any info (I have seen your posts--you are VERY knowledgeable about Kauai) would be appreciated!!!!!
Old May 31st, 2003, 10:38 AM

It looks like these aren't really condos, but rather a couple of houses that have been chopped up. I don't think there is much in the way of facilities or direct convenient beach access. If you plan to be out and about most of the time, it might work out OK. Once you move off of the beach and out of a big complex with amenities, prices drop off sharply. As a reference point, we recently paid $150/night (plus cleaning) for 2BR/2BA oceanfront in Poipu Makai.
Old May 31st, 2003, 01:56 PM

Interesting. I know the area and those are nice homes. Like the person said, it looks like homes divided up. I would probably drive to the beach because of the hassle of carrying everything. It's not RIGHT there. It would probably be like staying in a friend's apartment. It depends on how you like to travel.

If you aren't traveling soon I hope to visit over there in the next month or so. I can do a drive by.

Old May 31st, 2003, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

Islandmom--as always you are amazing with your advice!!! This is one of two condos we are looking at for or Jan 2004 trip, the other is at the condo complex next to the Sheraton. If you are down there and get a chance to see the area--please let me know any insight/advice. Again--THANK YOU!!!!
Old May 31st, 2003, 09:30 PM

By the Sheraton would be my choice just because you are where "all the action is". Much better for walking to the beach or eating etc. I'll check it out though.
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 06:26 AM

I travel to Kauai every year and I agree with island MOM, stay near the Sheraton. Great area for shopping, beachesm restaurant, etc, plus has a better history. I have some personal Kauai info if you don't mind emailing me to get it. I too will be there frm 7/19 through 8/9, so I can check out anything you would want me to.

Old Jun 1st, 2003, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

The other condo we are looking at is in the complex next to the Sheraton--it is a little bit more $ (only $20 more a night) and only two bedroom instead of three but it is in the front half of the resort. It sounds like both of you are saying this is what you would do. On the Ultimate Kaui book/map it shows the this condo right next to the Shearaton. RichinPA--I received your Kaui info a few days ago--it is GREAT! It's nice also to have all the restaurant rec's.
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 09:08 AM

kikahead,
are you talking about the Kiahuna plantations-right next to the Sheraton? If so, that is a very nice complex and the price you are quoting is quite good! If I may ask how did you find that rate-condo? I would love a reply.
Tammy C
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 09:10 AM

We stayed at hideawaycove in Oct 01. We stayed in the unit upstairs with a hot tub. The view of the ocean was slim, but we enjoyed the villa. Yes, I would say that it probably was once a single family residence, but it is really nice now. The pictures on the website are exactly what its like. Granite counters, nicely furnished, very comfortable bed. Everything was well maintained. There was a CD player, with a variety of music. Great patio for reading and breakfast. It was nice having snorkel gear provided. There was also a washer and dryer. The location isn't really in walking distance to anything except the beach. We enjoyed staying there and would do so again. Just depends on what you're looking for.