Reload this Page >

kauai condo recommendations?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 06:00 AM
mary kruft

Anyone ever stayed at any rally nice condo's in Kauai? Would like ocean front, with a pool maybe, and a private lanai........probably going to the south or east shore unless anyone really thinks the north shore is better in early-mid may....thanks!!!

Old Aug 21st, 1998, 10:05 PM
pat

You may want to consider either the Embasssy Vacation Resort or the Kihuna (forgive spelling) in Poipu. Also, maybe Whalers Cove.

Old Aug 23rd, 1998, 01:19 PM
brenda

Hi Mary,
I received your e-mail inquiry but did not have a chance to answer you as I was out of town. I will do it here. I would agree that you can try the Embassy Suites or Kiahuna Plantation both in Poipu area, but I personally like Lawai Beach Resort in Poipu as it is a smaller but more friendly resort. The beach in front of the resort has some of the best snorkling on the south shore, although it is a small beach. The resort has 3 buildings each with a pool and hot tub. The staff is great and there is an activities desk and many in- house activities such as orientation (continental breakfast), weekly BBQ, Hawaiian arts and crafts, and many other things. Activities can be booked there at discount rates. There are tennis courts and a nice exercise room. The location is on the way to a place called the Spouting Horn which is a place where seawater shoots up between lava created tubes. The location of the resort is right on the ocean. The units are 2 and 3 bedroom condos with all amenities
and are very clean. The newest building, the Banyan, has the newest rooms. We prefer the Alli building as it is quieter and we like the pool area better. Either of these buildings would be suitable. One of the best features of the resort is that the Beach House restaurant is right next to the resort. The restaurant is one of the finest on Kauai. Operated by the same chef who owns A Pacific Cafe, a well renowned restaurant ranked the best on the island. The Beach House is my favorite restaurant as it is ocean front and there is not a restaurant on the island that has a better location. Eating at the first seating for sunset cannot be beat. The food is exceptional even if a bit pricey. We go there almost every night for a cocktail to watch the sunset, even if we do not eat dinner there.
Try these website for more info and accommodation info also . www.poipu-beach.org, www.kauairentals.com,
www.suite-paradise.com,
www.grantham-resorts.com.
Good luck. have fun.

brenda

Hi Mary,
I received your e-mail inquiry but did not have a chance to answer you as I was out of town. I will do it here. I would agree that you can try the Embassy Suites or Kiahuna Plantation both in Poipu area, but I personally like Lawai Beach Resort in Poipu as it is a smaller but more friendly resort. The beach in front of the resort has some of the best snorkling on the south shore, although it is a small beach. The resort has 3 buildings each with a pool and hot tub. The staff is great and there is an activities desk and many in- house activities such as orientation (continental breakfast), weekly BBQ, Hawaiian arts and crafts, and many other things. Activities can be booked there at discount rates. There are tennis courts and a nice exercise room. The location is on the way to a place called the Spouting Horn which is a place where seawater shoots up between lava created tubes. The location of the resort is right on the ocean. The units are 2 and 3 bedroom condos with all amenities
and are very clean. The newest building, the Banyan, has the newest rooms. We prefer the Alli building as it is quieter and we like the pool area better. Either of these buildings would be suitable. One of the best features of the resort is that the Beach House restaurant is right next to the resort. The restaurant is one of the finest on Kauai. Operated by the same chef who owns A Pacific Cafe, a well renowned restaurant ranked the best on the island. The Beach House is my favorite restaurant as it is ocean front and there is not a restaurant on the island that has a better location. Eating at the first seating for sunset cannot be beat. The food is exceptional even if a bit pricey. We go there almost every night for a cocktail to watch the sunset, even if we do not eat dinner there.
Try these website for more info and accommodation info also . www.poipu-beach.org, www.kauairentals.com,
www.suite-paradise.com,
Good luck. have fun.

brenda

Hi Mary,
www.suite-paradise.com,
Good luck. have fun.

Old Aug 23rd, 1998, 01:20 PM
brenda

Hi Mary,
www.suite-paradise.com,
Good luck. have fun.

Old Aug 25th, 1998, 05:50 AM
Mel

Mary, I have stayed at The Embassy Vacation Resort and it was very nice. It doesn't have its own beach but is right next door to the Hyatt and you have access to its beach and amenities. The pool is huge and they also have nice hot tubs. They also provide a breakfast bar and a cocktail hour. We stayed in a fabulous oceanfront condo that had a huge lanai and the staff was friendly and helpful. I have heard that the Kiahuna has a nice beach but you have to go across the street for their pool. I don't know about you, but I like easy access to the pool! The north shore is very lush and beautiful, but if you like more sun and less rain, stick to the south shore. Hope you have fun!

Old Aug 28th, 1998, 11:03 AM
Helayne

We stayed at a 2 bedroom unit at the Kauai Beach Villas, rented from the owner. It's just north of the airport, about 5 minutes away. It was very nice and clean. Could see the beach from the lanai but a bit rough that time of year for the kids to swim. Also used the pools & other facilities at the Outrigger Kauai Beach (next door). Went to Lydgate Park to swim and snorkel. Only 5 min. drive. (enclosed reef area) Check out web site at:
www.ivacation.com/p5427.htm
The owner is Judy Dalton. Found the place central to the whole island. Poipu about 1/2 hr. away and North Shore was about 45 min. Good location!