Search

JFK to EWR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JFK to EWR

My husband & son will be arriving JFK this Sat at 8AM. They will be staying at a hotel near EWR that night in order to take an early flight out the next day.
I would appreciate any suggestions as to the best way to get from JFK to EWR and if there is anything good to visit along the way. They have all Sunday to sightsee, but going into Manhattan may be too much. Thanks
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 10:32 PM

icygreg,

This website has information on how to get from JFK to EWR.

http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/connfram.HTM
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 03:14 AM

If they are arriving on Saturday morning at JFK and would like to do some sightseeing in Manhattan, the best and easiest for them is to stay in Manhattan. If they are leaving from EWR on Sunday morning going to EWR from Manhattan is going to be fast. There will be no traffic. Even on weekdays morning it is never a problem to get from Manhattan to EWR. Traffic is TO Manhattan not from Manhattan. They can take taxi, train or bus to EWR.
Another reason for staying in Manhattan, if thy arrive in a hotel near EWR in the morning their room won't be ready which means they have to wait in a lobby, maybe for a few hours. In Manhattan, they could leave their suitcases in a hotel and begin sightseeing. I don't have any experience getting a hotal room this late but I bet many posters will help you figure out this problem. Just post your question with a clear title something likes 'Hotel needed in Manhattan for this Saturday, July 3rd'
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 06:15 AM

I'm assuming you mean they have all day Saturday (not Sun.) to sightsee. I really agree with Mama. The best option would be to stay in NYC. I don't think there is much of anything to do near EWR without a car. If their reservation at the EWR hotel is cancellable, I'd try to get a room with any of the hotels in the applecorehotels.com group. They're all good, well located and reasonably priced. The Comfort Inn midtown is one of the preferred ones in the group.

If cancelling the hotel is not an option, I'd find out from the hotel directly what transport options there might be into Manhattan. The weather is supposed to be beautiful.
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 07:18 AM

Just noticed you got similar info back in March here

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...1&tid=34482680
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 08:02 AM

icygreg, mclaurie is right...there is NOTHING to do in hotels adjacent to EWR. All those hotels are surrounded by a tangle of highways around the airport. Going into the city is no big deal from here (we're talking one train stop from Newark Penn to NY Penn station) and all the to-do's are in Manhattan. This area of NJ is all suburbs. Unless you want to drive to the mall, your best bet is to go into the city. It would have been better to get a hotel in Manhattan, but if it's too late to change, just have them hop the train in and explore from there. The other thing to do would be to drive down the shore, but on holiday weekend the traffic will be insane. Forget that. Good Luck! Trish Trust me, I live less than 10 mins from EWR).
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 08:04 AM

Oh, also there is a shuttle from JFK to EWR...that's the cheapest, most efficient way to go. Guarto provided you with the correct link above.