Jersey Boys NYC seating

Search

Jersey Boys NYC seating

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jersey Boys NYC seating

Which would be the better seats? (I realize that neither is great but there is limited availability) Orchestra row Y center (partial view) or mezz row O center (I think that's the 2nd last row). Are the mezz tickets too far away to not make it worth it to not have the partial view? I've read that you don't miss much with the partial view seats. Thanks
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 07:29 PM

The theatre is pretty small for a Broadway house, so you might not mind the mezzanine. There is some action that takes place up high so I personally would not like the partial view as much (granted, my seats WERE in the mezzanine, and I loved it, so...)
Old Dec 5th, 2007, 08:12 PM

The August Wilson Theatre is small, and the mezzanine overhangs the 11th row (which I think is row K.) Hopefully that will give you more perspective. It also means that the seats are a similar distance from the stage - with the mezz tickets being higher, of course.

I believe that the partial view seats miss some of the view of a video screen, and perhaps a bit, but not much, that takes place on a catwalk. It's really your call. I generally prefer the orchestra, but I think it's solely a matter of personal preference.

It's such a great show, I'm sure you'll love it no matter where you sit!
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Original Poster

Anyone else?
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 08:35 AM

We sat in "partial view" seats in the very last row in orchestra- I would sit there again in a second. I've always wondered how people could go see a show more than once, but I'm ready to go back to JB!!
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 01:01 PM

I would pick the orchestra over the mezzanine. We saw the show the first time from midway up the mezzanine and it was steep! Like viewing from a ferris wheel!

You won't miss much/if anything with partial view seats. I'm guessing the top part of a screen will be partially blocked in row Y by the overhang, but you probably won't care.
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 03:22 PM

Saw the show two nights ago. We were in T orchestra, two seats in from the right aisle. Had to crane our necks to see some video screens, but no problem. But WOW were those seats close together! And don't even think about going to the ladies room at intermission.

Great experience: the music of our lives!
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 05:44 PM

We sat in the mezzanine a few rows from the top. Was not a problem. Actually, I was surprised at how good the seats were.
Old Dec 7th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. We decided to go with the mezzanine seats, based on the opinions here and those of a friend of a friend who saw the show twice, once from partial view and once from the mezzanine. We don't go until Memorial Day weekend. I thought that purchasing tickets this far in advance that we'd have a better selection of seats. Just shows how popular Jersey Boys is.