Jackson/Teton Village

Mar 7th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

Jackson/Teton Village

When visiting The Grand Teton is it best to stay in downtown Jackson or Teton Village? What are the advantages of each? I was looking at Snake River Lodge.
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Ike

Snake River Lodge is a very fine resort but the Four Seasons directly behind SRL is much nicer. Both are very nice but SRL has logistics problems. Something's wrong with the design as it's hard to find your way around. If you plan to ski you should stay at TV but if you are just visiting I would stay at the Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa in Jackson. Rent a car and travel around the countryside. Go to Yellowstone or GT Park. Walk around Jackson. It's a nice town.

http://www.rustyparrot.com/
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:27 PM

We stayed at Teton Village for 3 nights last summer. It worked for us because we were traveling with 2 teens and got a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo with full kitchen, deck, living room for less than what 2 hotel rooms would have been.

Advantages were the amount of space, cost, quality of accomodations and furnishings, availability of kitchen for breakfast and snacks and the huge moose that visited to eat the landscaping. Also promixity to entrance to GTNP - less than a mile.

Disadvantages - while complex has a couple of restaurants, had to drive to dinner each night in Jackson. Parking was a challenge sometimes and probably missed out on some of Jackson.

Would stay at Teton Village again if had it to do over, but for a single person or couple, might prefer downtown location.
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

Hi Gail,
The condos sound nice! I saw a group on the Internet at Rendezvous Mountain Rentals that looked nice. What property did your family use? I am traveling with two boys 12 and 16 and my husband. Thanks!
Mar 7th, 2006, 04:38 PM

jhresortlodging.com We found it thru Expedia since we did not know website. If you look at the website, on listing 7-12 there is a 2 bedroom condo called Teton Village - that is the building we were in.

There is a tram on site that goes to mountain top - we missed doing that because weather was really foggy.

Condos have housekeeping only every 3 days - or you can request more if you want to pay. We felt no need for more housekeeping than that. Bedrooms - one had queen bed, the other 2 doubles - so even though our kids are boy and girl, sharing a bedroom was not a problem.

The decorative moose appeared one afternoon after we had spent the entire day in GTNP looking for wildlife and only saw some squirrels and silly birds. Nice of Teton Village to arrange for a moose encounter from our balcony so we were not disappointed.
Mar 7th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Gail!

Search this Thread