Reload this Page >

Jackson Hole Lodging

Search

Jackson Hole Lodging

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2002, 01:16 PM
Jan

Jackson Hole Lodging

We are going to Jackson Hole August 23 for 8 or 9 days. Want to stay in Town. Have heard about Rusty Parrott, but would 8 days be too long and would this be a good base for doing parks etc. We want to walk to restaurants etc at night. Any other upscale places in town Thanks

Old May 2nd, 2002, 09:21 PM
Dayle

Hi Jan!

Can't say about the Rusty Parrot, but 8 days in Jackson will probably be too many & it doesn't work at all as a base for the parks. Driving distances are too great. From the town of Jackson, it's about 2 hours to Old Faithful Village in Yellowstone.

Maybe 2 days Jackson, 2 days in Teton Natl Park, 5 days Yellowstone. You will need good luck to get reservations in the parks at this date. Hurry & keep trying.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 04:40 AM
J T Kirk

I LOVE Jackson. I got married there. But, I agree with the above poster - 8 days is too much there. Yes, Grand Teton Natl Park is very convenient to Jackson, but Yellowstone would be a DRIVE. So, if possible, at this late date, I'd try to stay a few nights in, or around, Yellowstone.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 05:32 AM
John

The Rusty Parrot is pretty convenient to the Town Square. It's about four blocks. The most convenient hotel is the Wort, which is just one block off the Square.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 05:32 AM
John

By the way, we ate at the Rusty Parrott last week...it has its own incredible restaurant!

Old May 3rd, 2002, 06:30 AM
Kathy

I agree with others here, that if you want to spend time in the parks, you are going to be doing alot of driving, especially to Yellowstone. I would stay at least a few days in the Yellowstone area. The drive between Jackson Hole and Grand Teton National Park is not bad, and if you're looking for night life you'll want to be in Jackson rather than the parks. Not sure how old you are, if you're travelling with kids or what your focus is, but if it's to see the parks I would stay in the parks, but if you're looking for night life you're better off in Jackson.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 07:38 AM
Serena

We were in Jackson Hole in late December several years ago. It was fun, but 9 days is too long. We stayed at The Red Lion Inn , convenient to town. It was a nice hotel. We took a sleigh ride through the Elk Park, followed by dinner and entertainment at a Mountain cabin. It was great fun. The lady, who conducted this trip was delighful. She told me that she did a summer wagon train caraven with dinner and entertainment at a moutain cabin. You might check into this. I will try and find my information on the trip and post it here.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 08:32 AM
Carol

One night in Jackson is enough. One or two nights in Grand Teton and the rest in Yellowstone. We stayed a day at beginning and end of trip in Jackson. Wasn't necessary. Short drive from airport to Grand Teton so you could go directly there from airport. We stayed at Signal Mt Lodge. Colter Bay looked nice too. Jackson Lake Lodge was too expensive. We stayed 1-1/2 days. Did river float, booked thru Signal Mt, cute little boat ride across Jackson Lake, fishing on the big lake, mostly road around looking at moose and animals. Saw a bear cub, coyote.

Yellowstone is huge. We stayed at Old Faithful Lodge on one side of the park and Canyon Lodge on the other side. So much to see. Elk and Bison incredible. Some bears. Missed the wolves. Early mornings or evenings on east side of park head to Hayden Valley or Lamar Valley for animal viewing. Little Chuckwagon Dinner thing was nice at Roosevelt. Lots and lots of driving to geysers, falls, animals, meadows.

We shoot back to Jackson and stayed over night for an early morning flight the next day. For a feeling of old times, the Wort Hotel is nice. We had breakfast there. If you just want a place to slept I thought The Wagon Wheel Motel & Restaurant looked cute. We ate there. We stayed at Anglers Inn first night, clean motel.

Flying to Vegas and heading for Zion NP in morning, so have a great time.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 08:37 AM
Carol

Another thing. Check out what's available on line thru the park websites, and have idea of what you want or is available, but call to make the reservations. When I couldn't get into Old Faithful Lodge last year I called and they gave me more info on the rooms and had a room.