Jackson Hole in April?

Mar 28th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

Jackson Hole in April?

My husband and I are thinking about taking a trip to Jackson Hole in April. We would like to visit Grand Teton Park and Yellowstone. Would this area be better to visit later in the year? Or are there enough things to see and do in April to make it a worth while trip at this time? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Mar 28th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Ag3046

Way too cold in April. Most of Yellowstone will still be under snow. Try much later in the summer. I have been snowed on in Yellowstone in late June.

Mar 29th, 2007, 06:20 AM

I've visited Jackson Hole - Yellowstone/Tetons - in May and in October and had a great time both times. It just depends on what your looking for. If you don't mind cold and snow in April then go, but if you are looking for grassy meadows and flowers blooming you might want to wait until June or July. I've always had a terrific time in Jackson Hole. If you go, check out The Inn On The Creek or the Jackson Hole Lodge. Both are great. Of course, the food is terrific as well as the shopping. It's a great low key place to take a break. Enjoy!
Mar 29th, 2007, 12:08 PM

April is way too cold....I think they still might be skiing in April. Actually its actually the most desolate time of year. Post skiing, pre-tourist season. The best time is late June early July...the wild flowers are gorgeous!!!!
Mar 29th, 2007, 04:23 PM

And if it's not super cold in April, it will likely be rainy with mud everywhere. Many of the locals leave JH for April because of the dismal weather.
Feb 10th, 2008, 12:12 PM
S_T

It's warm enough in April, regardless too many things will be closed to make it worthwhile. Mid May would be the earliest I would suggest.
Feb 25th, 2008, 01:36 PM
DM5

Jackson Hole is wonderful aroung late April/early May! Everything is green and fresh It's still a bit chilly,but not too bad...A light jacket would be helpful. This time is the 'down time' for Jackson. If you're wanting to come later in the year maybe think about staying in Teton Valley,Idaho. Which happens to only be 30 minutes away. You don't have all the congestion of traffic and people. I've heard many great things about a place called Teton Springs and their brand new Lodge and Spa which is located in a resort community in Victor,Idaho.