Italian Restaurant in Pasadena

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a good Italian Resturant in the Pasadena area. We are planning (myself, three siblings) a 80th B-day party for our Dad. We would like a restaurant that has a private room or patio area, since we are such a large group 30-35. We want good Italian food, not to pricy!
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 12:57 PM

Here is an italian restaurant we enjoy in Pasadena.
They have a private room that would accomodate you . You can look on their web and see if the prices work for you and/or speak to them and see what they do for large groups.

www.calogerodrago.com
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 01:13 PM

Not really Italian, but Burger Continental is always a great choice for parties. It isn't just burgers - in fact their Greek food is the best part of the menu. But it is the festive atmosphere that keeps me coming back whenever I'm in town for a few days. They have a life jazz band on Wednesdays and belly dancers Thursday through Sunday.

Of course if you want a really festive atmosphere with big portions and low prices (no guarantees about the quality) there's always Buca di Beppo...
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Original Poster

Escargot.. thanks for your suggestion. I called them, they are going to fax me a menu.

bob..I am not a big fan of Buca di Beppo. My Dad only eats Italian food.
Thanks for your ideas.
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 06:25 PM

Maybe a local poster could comment on the suitability of Il Fornaio. It's a small chain, mainly in California. I've been to the Pasadena location only once, while visiting the area. There are separate banquet rooms.

Photos, menus, banquet menus, prices--
http://tinyurl.com/2n9sza
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 06:21 AM

they do have a menu online, but maybe are faxing you one appropriate for large party - the staff and food have both always been wonderful when we were there. Good luck in your search wherever you end up - but make sure to let us know where and how it was ! Happy 80th to Dad - what a great celebration.
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 03:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I think finding a large enough private room in a restaurant will be difficult.

Il Fornaio in Pasadena has two private rooms, but I don't think either one is big enough for 30-35 people. (Do check, though. I may be wrong.)

They have a nice patio area, but it's not private. You'd be sharing with other diners, and it's divided by the public by only a wrought iron rail. (The patio faces a small "piazza.") Nevertheless, I think the patio would be very nice for a party.