Reload this Page >

Islamorada & other Restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 12:54 PM
kte

We are meeting with our whole family (16 adults) for a week at Cheeca Lodge in October. We are looking for the perfect restaurant to go to for dinner to celebrate a big birthday. Can anyone suggest a great one?

Suggestions for good food for our other meals are welcome as well. thanks

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Nancy

We just returned from Islamorada a couple of weeks ago. We had a great time. Although resturants were not the best, we found the most memorable meals at tiki huts by the water. Do you want sit-down fancy or Florida relaxed on the water? We did both...

Why not make a reservation right there at Atlantic's Edge at Cheeca Lodge? Ask for a table by the oceanfront window - it's lovely.

We went to one of the reported "best" rest. at Bentley's and we thought it was fair - no atmosphere, food was ok.

Our FAVORITE by far, was the relaxed little known get away at mile marker 83.5 just southeast of the bridge. I can't remember the name - but it's great!

other suggestions: http://www.keyzstuff.com/Islamorada/isladining.htm

Good Luck and have fun!

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 08:51 PM
kte

Thanks so much Nancy for a perfect response. We want fancy for the birthday party, but then casual, good for other times. Glad to hear Cheeca Lodge food is good and may be appropriate.

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 03:55 AM
Cindy

For casual try Hog Heaven in Islamorada (it just might be the one Nancy was speaking about). Don't let the name put you off, they have great food and nice atmosphere. Lots of locals eat there and are all very nice to tourists.

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 07:04 AM
LuAnn

My husband and I enjoy the Lorelei around sunset. We don't take the kids there, although we probably could to eat. We go for beverages. Great atmosphere.
Another place we like is the Islamorada Seafood Company. It's not fancy either, but you eat out on the dock and the kids love it. Great atmosphere.
Both are on the right side going south.
As far as fancy - no clue.

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 08:11 AM
amy

Morada Bay - Islamorada - MM 81.5 - dinner - The best! It was our anniversary dinner, and I couldn't have been happier with our choice of this
restaurant. It is bayside, and has a beautiful beach to watch the sunset.
The place has the atmosphere of an old beach house, and we had a table on the edge of the brick patio next to the beach. The food was wonderful - We had the house salad, lamb chops, and seafood cioppino. The lamb chops were perfect! Add a good bottle of shiraz, a split desert, and we had a perfect dinner. No reservations.

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Cindy

LuAnn: Do you remember the MM for Islamorada Seafood Co.? Thanks!

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 08:35 PM
Marcia

Another excellent restaurant in Islamorada is Squid Row...food is great!

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 04:49 AM
Carol

Mile Marker 81.5 bay side for Islamorada Fish Company restaurant location or right next door to Worldwide Sportmans. Whale Harbor Inn & Marina oceanside is mile marker 83.5. If you want the perfect birthday dinner celebration I recommend Pierre's, located right beside Morada Bay (also great for birthday celebration) and just before you get to Islamorada Fish Company or Marker 88 Restaurant, both are on the Florida Bay with fabulous sunsets and a beautiful beach. Lorelei Restaurant & Cabana Bar is a nice place to have dinner or lunch with good entertainment. Squid Row and Lazy Days Oceanfront Bar & Grill are good places to have dinner. Located within the Worldwide Sportmans is Zane Gray Lounge for entertainment and a blast for an evening out at mile marker 81.5.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 09:20 AM
sn

I can't stress strongly enough that Morada Bay is not only your best choice, frankly it's the only choice. I spent a week at Cheeca with my wife in February and we generally loved it (other than the fact that I think they overcharge for routine services like the spa, par 3 golf, etc.) Once we discovered Morada Bay, we ate 3 of our dinners there--great food, good service, perfect atmosphere. Lots of big groups dining there. We found Islamorada Fish Co. to be touristy and overpriced. Lorelei is great for drinks at sunset but the food was eh. Food at Cheeca is very good in the bar, but Atlantic Crossing is overpriced and not worth it except for brunch which is not to be missed. One thing I'd recommend is going fishing--we caught tons of sea trout in the Florida Bay, our guide cleaned it, and then we brought it back to Cheeca where they cooked it--and it was the best trout I've ever had in my life.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Bill

Agree about Islamaroda Fish Company, pricey and the food is so-so.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Wendy

Marker 88 is a wonderful choice for a dressy, nice birthday celebration. We ate there in February and it was our favorite restaurant of all the islands. We had pre dinner cocktails at the bar which is outside on the water at sunset- then moved inside for a really fantastic meal. You can see the menu here: http://keysdining.com/marker88/

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 12:11 PM
kte

Thank you one and all! We will not only have the perfect birthday dinner, but we now have a list of places to enjoy the food, drink and fishing for the entire week.