Reload this Page >

Is NOLA's (restaurant) really that bad?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 03:42 PM
chris

I've read the posts and most say to steer clear. Unfortunately I cannot because a member of our group *reallly* want to go. Is this place really that bad? I'd love to hear your juicy horror stories, or hear your stories of your good experience at NOLA's.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 03:53 PM
Monica

I went there a few years ago. The food was good, and the service was very attentive. On the downside, the restaurant was crowded and I felt very rushed through the meal. If a member of your group really wants to go I'm sure it will be fine.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 04:16 PM
Ryan

When I went to NOLA, we had two fantastic dinners. I had an Asian Duck Pizza that was one of the most enjoyable dishes that I've ever had.

To be fair, it was two years ago and possibly things have changed since then.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 05:06 PM
Greg

NOLA is not among my favorite restaurants in New Orleans; however, I was there a couple of weeks ago and had a very good meal and excellent service. The place can be very crowded and noisy.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 05:12 PM
susan

If a member of your group wants to go, by all means go. NOLA gets better reviews than Emeril's but that's not saying much. I've seen lots of great reviews but when my husband and I ate there a few years ago it was so bad we both ended up sick...and I do mean sick.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 06:50 PM
e

By all means go. Like any restaurant, not everybody loves it but NOLA is a lot of peoples favorite restaurant in the Quarter. We've had great meals there and some only ok. But, we've have always enjoyed the atmosphere(very lively).

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:29 PM
Blou

I went there for lunch March/2002 with two friends. The food was FABULOUS!!! I
had horseradish encrusted fish that was
excellent. All of us inhaled a shared banana cream pie dessert. You will enjoy your meal.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:28 AM
gyppielou

Last year we loved it. It's been awhile, but the planked fish and the duck pizza were wonderful. We loved our dinner so much we returned for a lunch....great soft shelled crab. We loved that the place not only served great food but had a great staff. Todd English could learn a thing or two as the training of his staff is dismal. Go for it. I hope it is still that wonderful!

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:54 AM
Cindy

We were there just three weeks ago and thought it was horrible! One appetizer was shrimp based, the other filet mignon and they both tasted the same - what a disappointment!

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:28 AM
Dan

I've eaten there twice. Once was spectacular, the other really marginal. As you can see from these posts, consistency is a problem!

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:22 AM
Angie

Why don't you go for lunch? We went last year and didn't make advanced reservations so the only time they could take us was for a lunch and it turned out really nice. I had the filet and it was great, service was excellent. It was not very crowded at lunch so the staff had time to talk and joke around with us, take pictures, etc.