Reload this Page >

Disneyland questions

Search

Disneyland questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:39 AM
Kris

Disneyland questions

We're going to Disneyland in Anaheim next week, not my first visit but the first one with my nieces (2 and 9). I've searched and searched for discounts on tickets but for 1-2 days it doesn't seem like there's much.

My questions:

1)If I want to go between Disneyland and California Adventure on both of the 2 days, the best idea I can come up with is buying the 3 day hopper pass and wasting a day of it (they expire 13 days after first use). We will be there Friday and most of Saturday so I wanted to do Disneyland on Friday but also wanted to see the electrical parade at DCA on Friday because we will be leaving before it starts on Sat. Any better ideas?

2) If I want to get tickets in advance, where can I do this? We will be getting in after the park closes on Friday, is there someplace in Downtown Disney to get the hopper passes the night before?

3) I keep seeing references to character breakfasts. Are these at the Disney resorts or in the park? We're staying at the BW Park Place.

4) no fireworks in October? I can't see any reference to them on Disney's page.

5) Anything special for the kids that I wouldn't think of having visited as an adult?
Any helpful tips would be most appreciated!

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:56 AM
mickey

I know that they have a few breakfasts at the hotels for the kids. Here's one of them: At the Pier Hotel - Breakfast with "Minnie & Friends"

Minnie Mouse, accompanied by her friends, entertains children of all ages. There's a tasty all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet and traditional Japanese breakfast items available as well.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 08:11 AM
Kathy

They have a breakfast in the DL park at the Plaza Pavillion with Pooh & Friends, but I haven't been to it. We went to DL Hotel Goofy's Kitchen, the characters were Goofy, Pluto, Alice (from Wonderland) Baloo the Bear from Junglebook & Genie from Aladdin.

I guess you don't live in So. CA? The annual pass is $99 and you can hop from both parks. Otherwise, I can't help much with the tickets, but it sounds like a lot of money to see a parade, albeit the electrical parade? Maybe just see Fantasmic that night at DL? And do CA the next day instead of hopping?

You can go to disboards.com there is a board just about Disneyland & CA, you may get a lot more info there.

Have a great vacation!

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 08:19 AM
Kris

No, I don't live in So. Cal but there are a significant number of black out days with the passes, Sat 10/12 being one of them.

My other thought on the hopper pass was that if the 2 year old was too young for DCA she and her mom could go back to Disneyland and I could stay at DCA with the 9 year old. Or if DCA was as limited as it sounds, we could all go back to Disneyland on the 2nd day for any attractions we might have missed.

Can you go to the breakfasts at the hotels without staying there?

Thanks for the website, I'll check it out!

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 08:26 AM
Faina

Kris, some hotels offer packages which include D-land passes. I remember reading AAA book - even small motels have them. Check with your hotel.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 09:00 AM
Suzie

Each Hotel has a restaurant that features charater dining which is open to the public and they accept reservations. Disneyland Hotel - Goofy's Kitchen, Grand Californian - Breakfast with Chip & Dale, Paradise Pier - Breakfast with Minnie. As stated previously the Plaza Pavillion has character meals with Pooh and friends. My daughter loved this part more than any ride. She was about 6 and she and dad went there everyday while our 10 yo son ran me around to the "big" rides while the lines were manageable. Everyone was happy!

The Disneyland web site has a list of where youcan find ceretain characters. You should print that list and keep it handy for any characters the kids might want to see. Also there is princess story time in the Tinkerbelle shop in fantasy land. One of the Dinseyland Princesses reads a story to the kids who gather around on the floor. It's great to watch the kids as a "real" princess reads!

There are photographers near the castle really anxious to take your picture so they can sell it to you later. Make sure you get this done a couple of times because there will be one that is soooooo cute you'll buy for sure!!! : )

I don't see anything about fireworks on the web site but I thought if the park was open late they always had fireworks, guess not?

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:27 AM
Kris

Thanks for the replies! I checked Best Western's website and they do sell hopper passes, although not at a discount. I already booked the hotel through www.hotelkingdom.com. But at least I won't have to stand in line

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:38 AM
Melissa

There is a booth by the tram entrance in Downtown Disney to buy tickets that is open after park hours. Also, you can buy them at the hotels if you're a guest...they may also sell them to non-guests. I'd definitely get the Hopper pass. CA Adventure has a few fun things but if the kids are little they'll have much more fun at the Magic Kingdom. Some highlights at CA adventure are the Bugs Life show and the flying over CA ride. There's also a fair like area that has rides for really little ones. As far as the breakfasts go, my kids loved the Goofy's Kitchen one. The characters walk around, sit at your table for a few minutes each and are generally easier to get to than the ones you see in the park that are always mobbed.