were would you have dinner?

Old Apr 10th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
were would you have dinner?

I will be in New Orleans for 3 nights. I was
think about Two Sisters for one night and Nola's or Emirls's for the 2nd and the Commnders Palace for the last night. Any thoughts?
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 01:50 PM

We had brunch at the Court of Two Sisters and we weren't impressed. With so much good food in NOLA, it seemed like a wasted meal.

We enjoyed the Red Fish Grill, Remoulades, and Marigny Brassiere for dinner.
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 01:56 PM

The Gumbo Shop is a good small place in the Quarter. NOLA and Emeril's are famous, but are not traditional New Orleans places. Commanders is great. Note that a jacket is required for dinner but it's worth it. Also, Antoines is a fancy traditional place. Court of 2 Sisters is nothing special. If you want something not too fancy, try Ralph & Cacoos where you can eat a huge platter of crawfish, corn, hushpuppies and wash it down with some cold watery beer. Also, Mothers on Poydras, though not sure if they do a dinner business.
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 01:59 PM

I just returned from NOLA, and shied away from Court of Two Sisters. It just looked very touristy to me, and the menu seemed mediocre at best.

It depends on what you are looking for. So many great places, so little time! We ate at the Napolean House, which isn't fancy but was surprisingly good. Also, Petunia's just up from Bourbon St had great Shrimp Creole and Baby Back Ribs. Both were very casual and relatively inexpensive.

If you want something a little more pricey and unique, I recommend Tujuages on Decauter. They have a set menu, but you can call in advance to see what they are serving.
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 02:09 PM

I liked GW Fins 2 years ago. I hope the restaurant's still there. I have enjoyed meals at Tujague's (sp?) on prior trips. I didn't like Antoine's. Emeril's was okay. Commander's was good. Fifteen years ago, it was my favorite restaurant. It's declined since then. I had the best meal on the trip 2 years ago at GW Fins.