Restaurant in New Orleans

Old Feb 7th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restaurant in New Orleans

I'm looking for a casual, fun restaurant in or around the French Quarter for dinner. I'd definately like seafood (oysters, shrimp. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 09:57 AM

Alex Patout. There are 2 right next to each other on Bourbon, food is good, live cajun bands, etc. You can find better food, but it's the "funnest" place with good food on Bourbon. My friends and I always end up here for lunch or dinner when we're spending the day on Bourbon.
http://www.patoutscajuncabin.com/index.html
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 10:07 AM

You'll be hard pressed NOT to find sea food in NOLA! I enjoyed Fins, but it's not raucus. It's casual dress to dressy, but it's just quiet. They do have the best bread pudding I've ever had.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 10:15 AM

Acme Oyster House!!! No music, but the food is the best
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 02:13 PM

On a recent visit we ate at the Acme Oyster house and it is very casual, but the oysters were great. Also a place called "Deanies" if you are large eaters The portions are very large. It was packed with many people. If you want good food, not an abundance we ate at Murials which was just perfect and my favorite type of food. I know there are many others to choose from.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 04:57 PM

Hi! I've been to Deanies and it was good. Avoid Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse as he is capitalizing on family name without delivering in the food department. We aren't the only ones who think this is true. We heard that the other Brennan restaurants are good, but don't have first hand information on these. Bubba Gumps might be fun depending on whether you have kids and whether you want a chain restaurant.
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 12:16 PM

Please don't go to cajun cabin. Went this past Dec. What a tourist trap. And I have had better seafood at Chili's...yes, the chain!!!
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 12:26 PM

I highly recommend RioMar for seafood - you'll be hard pressed to find better seafood in NO and the prices are quite moderate. It's about a 5-10 minute walk from the Quarter or a very short taxi. I go every time I'm in town. Make sure someone in your party gets the Louisiana Gulf Shrimp. The Panamanian Ceviche is awesome.

http://www.riomarseafood.com/