Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Is making reservation in advance for Luaus in Oahu and Maui necessary?

Is making reservation in advance for Luaus in Oahu and Maui necessary?

May 15th, 2002, 06:23 AM
May

Is making reservation in advance for Luaus in Oahu and Maui necessary?

We're thinking about going to Luaus in both Oahu and Maui. We will be there on the 18th of May. Is it necessary to make reservations now before we get there or is it ok to wait until we get there? The reason is because we're not sure which Luau we want to go with yet. I would rather wait till I get there if I can.

May 15th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Jess

While in Maui, we were able to book a luau fairly early in the trip but were unable to get the one that we were told is the 'best'...so if you can book it before you get there you may have a better shot at your pick... I believe the one we heard was the best was the Royal Lahaina?? could be wrong, but I think it was affiliated with one of the larger hotels and had some regal name to it.

May 15th, 2002, 06:29 AM
xxx

yes Old Laihana Luau on Mauai. Would not even bother with the others.

May 15th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Ani

Yes Old Lahaina Luau--which is NOT at the Royal Lahaina Resort fyi (they have their own)---OLL is the BEST and you need to book it now.

May 15th, 2002, 06:38 AM
Jess

Thanks- I mixed up the names- the OLL is supposed to be the most authentic.

May 15th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Tracey

Went to the OLL on Maui and you defiantly need to book this in advance. We went this past October and even thought the hotels were empty, it was still sold out.

May 16th, 2002, 03:36 PM
June

How do you make reservations for luaus? We will be in Maui in June. We are interested in the old lahaina one. thanks

May 16th, 2002, 03:49 PM
Patty

You can contact OLL directly. Their phone number is on their website www.oldlahainaluau.com

I don't think anyone discounts OLL anymore (I may be wrong) so there's no need to go thru a third party for booking.

Search this Thread