Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Is it really true that if you book a hotel through Priceline.com, you can't receive points/miles for your stay?

Search

Is it really true that if you book a hotel through Priceline.com, you can't receive points/miles for your stay?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 10:50 AM
michele

When I stay at various of the larger chain hotels I like to receive airline frequent flier miles for my stay. Is it true that if you book a room through Priceline, you are not eligible to receive points or airline frequent flier miles for your stay? That's what it says on Priceline's website, but I was wondering if anyone out there has had personal experience to the contrary. Thanks.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 01:35 PM
scigirl

Michele - You may want to check with the specific program you stay with. However, in general if you prepay for the hotel stay (through Priceline, a package tour, some of the special rates on travelocity, etc.) you won't get miles/points for the stay. Sometimes if you search around and look for specials you can find a rate really close to what you might pay on priceline.

These webstites are useful for questions about miles/points:
flyertalk.com
webflyer.com

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 01:46 PM
thereuare

It is true... no miles or point given, but the savings SHOULD make up for the lack of points.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 04:25 AM
xxx

Yes, it's true! "That's what it says on Priceline's website". So why ask?

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 06:30 AM
TommyFinagin

ummmm......no, the statements on Priceline's website are not to be trusted.
After all, why would they want to tell us the TRUTH about their policies?

And don't just ASSUME that because they tell you you've got a reservation that you really DO have one. C'mon. Don't be such a rube. Do you believe EVERYTHING that you read?

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 08:51 AM
Kay

Check the discussions at
biddingfortravel.com
Some folks have gotten their frequent flyer/guest numbers added to their reservations and some get their points, but I don't know specifically if they got airline miles for hotel stay. If you do, it's a bonus, not a right under their rules.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 01:12 PM
paula

I don't know about the hotels, but we've used the airline tix, and when we check in , we present our FF card - our miles have always been credited - regardless of the airline.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 06:29 PM
Pam

I have frequently used Priceline and have found that at Marriott hotels and chains the desk clerk will generally take my Marriott Honored Guest number and I have received credit. I have not been so lucky at Hiltons.

Old Aug 11th, 2001, 04:35 PM
ms. janet

Used Priceline twice for airline tickets. Once flew American & other time, on Delta. No miles. Cost savings more than made up for not getting those frequent flyer points.

Paula --- I don't know how you managed to finagle the miles; I tried my best, but they know how you got that ticket & how much you paid and weren't gonna give on the issue. My freq. flyer no. was keyed in, but I never got miles credited to my acct. After the first trip (American Airlines) I even tried to mail in the boarding passes saying they "neglected" to credit my acct. NO WAY --- couldn't coerce or sweet talk them into it. NO MILES . . .