Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Is it really true that if you book a hotel through Priceline.com, you can't receive points/miles for your stay? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/is-it-really-true-that-if-you-book-a-hotel-through-priceline-com-you-cant-receive-points-miles-for-your-stay-158002/)

michele Aug 8th, 2001 10:50 AM

Is it really true that if you book a hotel through Priceline.com, you can't receive points/miles for your stay?

When I stay at various of the larger chain hotels I like to receive airline frequent flier miles for my stay. Is it true that if you book a room through Priceline, you are not eligible to receive points or airline frequent flier miles for your stay? That's what it says on Priceline's website, but I was wondering if anyone out there has had personal experience to the contrary. Thanks.

scigirl Aug 8th, 2001 01:35 PM

Michele - You may want to check with the specific program you stay with. However, in general if you prepay for the hotel stay (through Priceline, a package tour, some of the special rates on travelocity, etc.) you won't get miles/points for the stay. Sometimes if you search around and look for specials you can find a rate really close to what you might pay on priceline. <BR> <BR>These webstites are useful for questions about miles/points: <BR>flyertalk.com <BR>webflyer.com <BR> <BR>

thereuare Aug 8th, 2001 01:46 PM

It is true... no miles or point given, but the savings SHOULD make up for the lack of points.

xxx Aug 9th, 2001 04:25 AM

Yes, it's true! "That's what it says on Priceline's website". So why ask?

TommyFinagin Aug 9th, 2001 06:30 AM

ummmm......no, the statements on Priceline's website are not to be trusted. <BR>After all, why would they want to tell us the TRUTH about their policies? <BR> <BR>And don't just ASSUME that because they tell you you've got a reservation that you really DO have one. C'mon. Don't be such a rube. Do you believe EVERYTHING that you read?

Kay Aug 10th, 2001 08:51 AM

Check the discussions at <BR>biddingfortravel.com <BR>Some folks have gotten their frequent flyer/guest numbers added to their reservations and some get their points, but I don't know specifically if they got airline miles for hotel stay. If you do, it's a bonus, not a right under their rules.

paula Aug 10th, 2001 01:12 PM

I don't know about the hotels, but we've used the airline tix, and when we check in , we present our FF card - our miles have always been credited - regardless of the airline.

Pam Aug 10th, 2001 06:29 PM

I have frequently used Priceline and have found that at Marriott hotels and chains the desk clerk will generally take my Marriott Honored Guest number and I have received credit. I have not been so lucky at Hiltons. <BR>

ms. janet Aug 11th, 2001 04:35 PM

Used Priceline twice for airline tickets. Once flew American & other time, on Delta. No miles. Cost savings more than made up for not getting those frequent flyer points. <BR> <BR>Paula --- I don't know how you managed to finagle the miles; I tried my best, but they know how you got that ticket & how much you paid and weren't gonna give on the issue. My freq. flyer no. was keyed in, but I never got miles credited to my acct. After the first trip (American Airlines) I even tried to mail in the boarding passes saying they "neglected" to credit my acct. NO WAY --- couldn't coerce or sweet talk them into it. NO MILES . . .