Is it really a Dump???

Search

Is it really a Dump???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it really a Dump???

My husband and I were just about to make reservations to stay at the Mission Ranch in Carmel owned by Clint Eastwood., It looks nice on the web and is reasonably priced. It also looks as though it is centrally located. Someone on this website just said in a post that they drove in and it looked like a dump. Could amyone tell me more. We are going in October.
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 08:53 AM

Check out the reviews at tripadvisor.com.
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 05:46 PM

I responded to this above. The poster that called it a dump is wrong! It is an historic location with ocean views. We live in the area and enjoy the restaurant. The grounds are beautiful. The poster may be into run of the mill large hotels or not travel much. Go there and have a good time.
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 06:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Traveldog, years ago, I stayed at the Ventana Inn, wanting to see Big Sur. There were Eselan personal enjoying apertifs in front on the fire that night. Is the plave still beautiful and is E.(Sp?) still there?
Those who are younger, there was a film called, "Ted, Bob, Carol and Alice or something like that"filmed in Big Sur and Eselan. starred Nathalie Woods
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 06:25 PM

I'd do some more research on the place, Linda. Traveldawg used that awful word "historic" which, in my experience, has always translated to "dump."
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 08:43 PM

I dare you to call it a 'dump' again, knute.

Go ahead, make my day.
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 08:58 PM

That's funny, knute-I tend to agree with you! Is this Mission Ranch the same as the Hog's Breath Inn? Cause I ate at Clint's restaurant there and the restaurant experience was quite underwhelming.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 03:36 AM

>Someone on this website just said in a post that they drove in and it looked like a dump>
As bob_brown says always recheck information you get.
Some people like it some people don't. Do not rely on one comment.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 05:10 AM

If you are a five star kind of gal, I would call the Mission Ranch, rustic and dated. You should look into Pebble Beach or perhaps the Inn at Spanish Bay. If you like small, cozy with a great view, a nice location, and won't break the budget, the Mission Ranch is quite nice. Personally, I'd choose the Mission Ranch, both for it's ambience and it's proximity to Carmel Mission and view of Point Lobos.

By the way, Clint doesn't own the Hog's Breath anymore and you're really not likely to see him anywhere in the area. Whatever you do, have fun.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 01:19 PM

Grasshopper got it right.

The Mission Ranch was an old dairy farm. Developers were going to tear it down and build Condos. Clint bought the place, restored it, added some more rooms and tennis courts and it is now a great place to stay.

Yes, historic, but Dump? No way.

That idiot did not know what he is talking about.

If you want 5 star, non-historic, run of the mill fancy, we have those too as does every other town...even Cleveland. If you want something unique in a beautiful ocean setting, MISSION RANCH will not disappoint you.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 07:20 PM

I'm curious as to why you're using "historic' to describe the place, Traveldawg. First, you said it's in "a historic location." Why? What happened there? Now you say it's a converted dairy farm. Why is that historic? Not sure I'd stay in a cow barn no matter how renovated.