Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Is Baltimore's Downtown Waterfront as nice as Inner Harbor?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2002, 11:05 AM
goNets

It looks like it's very near the Inner Habor but do they have water taxis and is it just as nice as the Inner Harbor. I'm planning on staying in Baltimore for a 3 day weekend in late June and am bidding on Priceline.
I've only been willing to stay in the Inner Harbor when bidding and my highest asking price for a room at a 3 star and up has been $105--which has been refused.
Hopefully, adding the Downtown Waterfront to my areas that I'm willing to stay will get my $105/night bid accepted.
Any additional recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks
Go Nets--beat Boston and then win it all baby!!!

Old May 20th, 2002, 11:57 AM
carolyn

Do they clarify what "Downtown Waterfront" means? If it's the Fell Point area you're fine. I know they have water taxis running out of there. I much prefer that neighborhood to the Inner Harbor, it's filled with funky antique shops and local business, the Inner Harbor is too much of a mall for me, although the aquarium is fantastic.

Old May 20th, 2002, 12:07 PM
Edye

To the best of my local knowledge, downtown waterfont would mean the area directly east of the Inner Harbor, where the new Marriott Inner Harbor east and Marriott Courtyard are located, and it would possibly go as far as Fells Point. All of these areas are perfectly nice to stay in and visit.

Old May 21st, 2002, 11:58 AM
goNets

Thanks. I was able to get a room at Pier 5 hotel (a 4 star) for $110/night. I'm very happy with that.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 06:36 PM
pete

Pier 5 is a great hotel, in a good location. You did really well to get a $110/night rate. It's a boutique-type hotel, and the rooms are well appointed. There's a seafood restaurant attached to it, McCormick & Schmick's, which, although part of a chain, is excellent (and expensive). You're within easy walking of the Inner Harbor area, and around the other way to the Marriott. About a 10-15 minute walk to Fell's Point (about a $3 cab ride). You'll have a good time.