Internet Cafe in Manhattan

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2003, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will need to get to the internet sometime during my stay in New York next week. I will be staying on 58th St. on the West side. Does anyone know of a place where I could get on the internet? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old May 7th, 2003, 07:23 PM

On 42nd Street between 7th and 8th, right by the entrance to the Hilton, is the Easy Internet (is that the right name?). Hard place to miss. Cheap and super fast computers -- hundreds of them. There are others, but this is the best I know of.

While in New York for a month, I tried following suggestions here of using the free service at public libraries, but after waiting at two of them for over an hour for a free computer, I gave up on that idea.
Old May 7th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Bo

There are Kinko's copy locations throughout the city which offer internet access. Not the cheapest option, but certainly convenient (and generally fairly quiet if you need to concentrate for work)
Old May 8th, 2003, 06:48 AM

I can't give you a specific address in that neighborhood but there are tons of them. Did you try to look in switchboard? If you are staying in a notel, I'm sure they can also direct you.
Old May 8th, 2003, 06:58 AM
m367

Just ask any young person on the street, that has worked the best for me! And they usually want to be helpful with plenty of directions.

Old May 8th, 2003, 07:03 AM
Dan

I like Patrick's suggestion of the Easy Internet Cafe. It's part of the British easyJet group and it has hundreds of computers. www.easyeverything.com. On a recent trip to NYC it cost me less than $1 to check my e-mail daily.
Old May 8th, 2003, 07:31 AM

Marcia,
There is a Kinko's on CPW @Broadway; or ask in your hotel whether they have internet access from your room. Many hotels now have Broadband.
Old May 8th, 2003, 11:13 AM

I used the internet cafe on 42nd street while staying at the Hilton Times Square. It was cheap, huge, and convenient. I also found ten bucks on the floor! Directly across the street is a shoe store called "Sketchers". In the back of the store they have a "water" bar. I couldn't believe how many varieties of bottled water they had and every bottle is a buck! You can't do better than that in New York! I paid $2.75 for a bottle of water out of my mini bar at the Hilton! They had perrier and evian and san pelegrino. Big bottles (32 oz.) too!
Old May 8th, 2003, 12:27 PM

There is one on 49th Street between Broadway and Eighth Avenue. (Same block on which the musicals "9" and "Chicago" are playing.)

But the cheapest way to go is any public library. Get there early. You sign up to use the computer for, I think, 15 minutes at a time, which is usually enough to check e-mail.

For more info on public libraries, go to their web site, nypl.org
Old May 8th, 2003, 08:14 PM

I did go to a couple of Kinko's in New York, prior to finding Easy Internet (or is it called Easy Everything)? The Kinko's were roughly 12 times as expensive. For a 15 minute session, maybe that's not a big deal, but I wouldn't spend any real time there.
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 09:10 AM

Patrick, you are so right. That place in Times Square (easy something) was a quick & inexpensive way to check emails. It's on 42nd Street, on same side of street as Madame Tussaud's wax museum. "Samuel Jackson" and "Nicolas Cage" were hanging out front as I walked by on my way to the Internet Cafe.

Cost was $1.75 per hour. You can use vending machines to purchase time on computers and the tickets are good for one week.
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 11:05 AM

Last time I was at the NYC Visitor center, near Broadway & 47th, they had free terminals too -- but kept very busy. I like a bargain, but usually say *free* .... (and worth every cent!) I often use Kinkos when traveling - you now purchase a "debit card" to use on all the Kinko copiers, scanners, computers, etc., so you don't have to bother the clerks each time you stop in. The Easy Internet Cafe does sound like the best bet in NYC.