Internet Access

Old Apr 24th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Internet Access

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I will be going to Playa Del Carmen in June and it looks like he is going to have to work for a day or two of our trip.

Can anyone tell me if the Royal Hideaway offers internet access and if there is a charge for it? If they do not offer it, is there someplace close to this resort that he can go to get internet access?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Nancy
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 11:38 AM

Yes, the Royal Hideaway has free internet access for its guests. They have two computers available in their main building. Sometimes you have to wait a few minutes to use one, but more often than not, at least one is free when you walk in. The keyboards take a bit of getting used to, but the access is very convenient.
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 11:56 AM

Woops - just re-read your question a little better. If your husband has to do work that will require him to be on the internet for more than 15-30 minutes at a time, then those two "community" computers aren't his best bet.

I'm pretty sure that there is internet access available in the rooms, to hook into with a laptop - although I'm not 100% certain. I also think there might be a charge for that access. For me, I only wanted to check my personal email occassionally, so those 2 computers in the main building were find.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 12:36 PM

We were in PDC last year. If you take a cab downtown (cheap) - tehre are a bunch of interet cafes that are ridiculously cheap. They will let you stay as long as you like. I think we were there about 45 minutes and it was something like $1.50 !
Old May 4th, 2004, 05:19 AM

I agree with Dorgal--very cheap internet places in Playa. If you get on the side streets which run off the main pedestrian street, you will find places with very good equipment for about 10 pesos (less than 1 dollar) per hour.