international flight from chicago

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how long will it take to navigate from t2 to t5 bag in hand at chicago on a friday?
Arriving NWA 4:05pm departing KLM 5:30pm
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 01:23 PM

Asssuming you are off the plane at 4:05 in T2 then you can easily walk to the people mover and take it to T5 and get there within 15 minutes of your arrival. But that is still tight for a connection, if your in bound NWA plane is at all delayed. Most foreign carriers ask you to be in the airport check in line 2 hrs before departure but that is with checking bags, but you may still want to check with your carrier. Also, this may be a code share flight? which may not leave from T5 Some one else may know.
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 01:35 PM

T5 is completely seperated from the other 4 Terminals. I am fairly certain that you will have to take a quick tram ride there. If you have to check in for you 5:30 flight, and go through security, this timing you mentioned is cutting it very close. Too close in my opinion. I'm just trying to be honest.
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 05:17 PM

Is this a legal connection - that is was it issued as a single ticket? If not I think you're in for a lot of trouble. It seems fairly likely that you won;t make the connection - given the security lines involved - even if your incoming plane is on time. (And have you checked on how often the plane lands on time - 4pm is a VERY busy time and flights are often late.)

IF it's a single ticket at least the airline has to solve the problem. But you would still lose part of your vacation.

If these are 2 different tickets you will be considered a no show and will have to buy a new ticket at the (very high) last minute price.

Is it possible for you to get an earlier plane into O'Hare?
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 05:26 PM
J62

Gina,
You've gotten some good info on the other 3-4 threads on the same topic.

NWA and KML are close partners. You'll checkin one time, in Memphis, where you'll get boarding pass all the way to AMS.

Ignore all the replies about needing to be at O'Hare 2hrs ahead to checkin for international flight - that does not apply here since you've already checked in at Memphis. When you arrive at O'Hare T2, simply mosey on over to T5. 1hr25min is plenty of time. All you have to do is ensure you're at the gate by ~15min before scheduled departure, before they close the door.