Intercontinental Hotel Chicago

May 17th, 2002, 06:50 AM
andrew

Intercontinental Hotel Chicago

I will be satying in this hotel in June. Is it a good one? How are the rooms there? Nearby attractions?
Thank you

May 17th, 2002, 07:21 AM
jay

6.5-7 on a scale of ten.
Varied sizes of rooms since the place was built in sections at different time periods.
Decent location a few blocks south of the Water Tower.
It's on Michigan Ave so most of the lakefront and downtown attractions are right there.

May 17th, 2002, 07:42 AM
Liz

My husband and I stayed at that hotel last summer it was under construction but our room was ok. It was a small room with a queen size or maybe it was a king bed, but anyway the room was smaller than I thought it would be. If you are looking for a larger room go to the Swissotel. But the inter conti hotel is so conv. to everything. I thought the decor was nice. If you got a good rate which last year we paid 129.00 a night. I would go ahead and stay there.

Liz

May 17th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Andrew

Thank you very much. I will proceed with my reservation. Any good restaurants around?

May 17th, 2002, 07:51 AM
jp

I did a search on metromix.com to give you an idea of just how many restaurants are there and it lists 65 restaurants within a 1/2 mile radius of the hotel. If you want something really upscale, Tru is within that radius and is awesome but expensive.

May 17th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Laurie

I love the pool at the Intercontinental. It is in a great location. There are alot of good restaurants within walking distance. What type of food are you looking for? Expensive? Inexpensive?