Inter-Island flights from Oahu to BI

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard about these great rates people have found to fly for a day trip from one island to another. I was told it's about $40-$50 each way/person. I've looked on Aloha and Hawaiian Airlines, and they are $150+/person roundtrip. Any suggestions on where people are finding better pricing?
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 03:59 PM

Try AAA. I was able to get $133 RT on Aloha. Also if you have FF miles with United, and there are other airlines that are mileage partners, the cost is 5000 miles.
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 04:51 AM

It used to be $50 each way, but fares have gone up since both airlines have had some financial problems. Try checking www.pandaonline for fares.
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 06:54 AM

Fares vary -- depending on time of day, usually -- and you can check the two airlines' websites to find the lowest fares:
http://www.hawaiianair.com
http://www.alohaair.com

-- auntie maria
HAWAIIAN MUSIC ISLAND www.mele.com
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 10:37 AM

Those types of fares are a thing of the past. The cheapest you will find now is around $130+ roundtrip. If you belong to an FF program where it only costs 5000 miles for a roundtrip interisland ticket, that can be a good deal. I think in addition to UA, there's NW and AA.
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 02:01 PM

I learned about the 5000 FF miles for Inter-Island from this site (big praise for all the helpful info!) and jumped on it! I did get two rt tickets from HNL > ITO (hilo) thru NWA (partners with Hawaiian) but just a bit of advice. Don't use the website... it's misleading. It will book you and even give you a confirmation... but Hawaiian Airlines has 24 hours to "approve".. and can.. and does... sometimes cancel within that first 24 hour window. Our first booking was cancelled almost immedately, so called NWA and they said the best thing to is call your FF #, wait on hold while they book and CONFIRM with Hawaiian Air. According to the NWA FF rep who helped us, since you have to wait until 90 or under to do seat selections, a lot of people don't even know their original booking was cancelled until they call back to pick seats... or worse yet... show up at the airport. So... great tip on the 5000 FF miles for tickets but if booking thru NWA, call the #, and check back after 24 hours to verify your booking is still valid.

Old Jan 31st, 2004, 03:14 PM

We've always called NWA to redeem interisland flights on Hawaiian, didn't know online was even an option. BTW there aren't any seat assignments for interisland flights, it's first come, first served.