Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Best to book interisland flights now for October?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are checking out Hawaiian Air and Aloha Air and have found $63 one way fares for October. We will be taking 3 one way trips and this seems to be a good price (based on my searches through fodors). Our mainland to Hawaii flights have been booked. Just wondering if it is too soon to book, based on the fact that the mainland flight times may shift as we get closer to our departure. Thanks!
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 05:05 AM

The interisland flights get pretty busy around Ironman time. Personally, I would book now if the time you are going to be there is close to Ironman.

Aloha is under bankruptcy protection. I received an email from them a month ago indicating that.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 05:12 AM

That seems like a decent fare. We paid $69 last Feb...internet fare. Just remember there is no standing by for flights. You must travel at the time you book or they charged a fee.
Old May 6th, 2005, 03:49 PM

Just an FYI. If you've got Frequent Flyer miles with any airline, check what they offer for InterIsland flights. We were able to use Northwest Airlines miles for a Roundtrip ticket on Hawaiian Airlines (HNL to Hilo) for only 5,000 miles.
Old May 6th, 2005, 05:38 PM

SRQRobin Thanks for the info.
"Just an FYI. If you've got Frequent Flyer miles with any airline, check what they offer for InterIsland flights. We were able to use Northwest Airlines miles for a Roundtrip ticket on Hawaiian Airlines (HNL to Hilo) for only 5,000 miles."

I live on Oahu and have been wanting to get to Hilo again when thew lava starts it's major flow again. I hope I can use my NW FF miles on short notice.
Old May 7th, 2005, 03:12 AM

when i went to hawaii in october a couple of years ago, i booked in advance just around this time.

there were a few open seats but not many. ironman folks were everywhere on the big island. there were road signs up warning motorists that folks were in training and to be alert for bikers on the road...