Input on Nags Head

Nov 30th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

Input on Nags Head

My family and I are planning a week in Nags Head in June. Not being familiar with the area I have been researching the neighborhoods on-line. I think a house near mile markers 10 or 11 would work. Can anyone recommend a specific newer rental house that is at least 5 or 6 bedrooms and close to the beach?
Dec 1st, 2005, 04:24 AM
cd

Hi Badaracca
I would recommend that you request rental listing books from the different Real Estate companies in the area. They list everything available with pictures and all info.
Dec 1st, 2005, 04:30 AM
emd

Better yet, go online on the websites of the larger companies that rent, and see the homes in 360 degree video. Try Village Realty, their website w/videos and still pictures is great. Other realtors who are prominent in Nags Head are Sun Realty, Nags Head Realty, Joe Lamb Realty.

It is not enough to be close to the beach. Be very careful about figuring out two things - where is the "beach access" in relation to your house, and where are the lifeguard stands in relation to that beach access. You can get a house a block from the beach, but you can end up walking 4 more blocks down the beach road to the beach access area (where you can cross the dunes on walkway onto the beach) if you are not careful about this detail.
Dec 1st, 2005, 04:32 AM
emd

Also, be aware that if your house is "on the beach road" you are in for traffic in front of the house and noise associated with it, and also at MP 10-11 there can be businesses right next to your house (mini golf, gear rental places, restaurants, etc.)
Dec 1st, 2005, 04:41 AM
cd

For us it was always a priority to have oceanfront with a back porch that had a wooden walkway from the porch, over the dunes to the beach. So worth the extra cost. To always see and hear the ocean is part of spending a week at the beach.
Dec 1st, 2005, 05:19 AM

Don't know exactly what type of area you're looking for, but Duck and Corolla which are a little north of Nags Head are nicer areas, with newer houses. It's a little more upscale. Twiddy is a realtor that has homes in both areas.
Dec 2nd, 2005, 07:39 AM

What is newer? Lots of building in the past few years. Since you want a 5-6 bedroom place, you will pretty much get something newer.

I miss those old fishing shacks. I guess memories of my childhood.

I also like the homes cd mentions in her second post. I've stayed closer to MM 17. It's not that far from shopping and mini-golf, but it's all residential.
Dec 2nd, 2005, 07:43 AM

Go HERE: www.sunrealtync.com