Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Inn of the Spanish Garden in Santa Barbara....Sublime!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 05:04 PM
Toni

We just returned from an overnighter to Santa Barbara and stayed at The Inn at the Spanish Garden on Garden St. This place has only been open 6 months and it was lovely! Very large rooms with natural light from above, done in pale vanilla/yellow, pavers with insert carpets, wonderful lotions and soaps, a huge bathroom with separate stall shower and commode, the deepest tub that I have ever been in, gorgeous orchids, a fireplace two chairs for seating, a patio with chairs and table overlooking the pool, great breakfast (scones, bagels and cc, banana bread, quiche, fresh fruit, granola yougart, fresh juice, and espresso coffee's), wine and cheeses at night, 3 blocks east of State street and an easy walk to the Wine Cask where we had a yummy dinner in their beautiful dining room!
This Inn is wonderful and one of the most comfortable and elegant rooms I've ever stayed in. (23 roooms total) (Julia Louis-Dreyfus from Seinfeld was staying there also...I have to admit it was fun to see her)
Sorry I can't post a price, as I didn't pay the bill, but check it out. I don't think you will be disappointed!

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 05:39 PM
xxx

Nice ad!

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 10:34 PM
xxx

Thanks for the review. Sounds like a romantic and peaceful place for a nice weekend. Considering people have been inquiring about this place as well as others in Santa Barbara lately, I don't think it's an ad, as much as a helpful poster trying to give advice to future Santa Barbara travelers.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 02:37 PM
Toni

Yep! No ad...we usually stay with friends that live in S.B. (lucky) but went this time with friends who treated us (lucky again)
I did call back last night because I was curious about the price...$275. for room #11 with the deep water soaking tub and less for a shower only. It would be great for a splurge.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 12:07 PM
ttt

ttt